PDA

View Full Version : Convoy to Ottawa

Greasemonkey
01-03-2019, 02:02 PM
I have asked permission to post this thread let’s keep the politics out of it, if you don’t agree move on to next post. Remember the nisku convoy well there is now a convoy to Ottawa starting in Red Deer and picking up trucks along the way this is going to be a massive convoy parked right on Parliament hill, it is to bring national attention to what is happening to Alberta and the oil industry in Canada it is also to protest the carbon tax and to an extent the UN migration compact, if you believe this is a worthy cause there is a go fund me page as well as a Facebook group called Yellowvest convoy to Ottawa the page doesn’t allow any racism of hateful comments just a bunch of Canadians trying to make a difference, Alberta is the oilpatch the industry affects all of us in someway or another, I’m a patch worker as I’m sure many here are as well. Admin has given me permission to post this now let’s keep it civil and get behind a worthy cause that affects us all

Thank you for your time

MooseRiverTrapper
01-03-2019, 02:03 PM
Make alberta great again boys!

Dick284
01-03-2019, 02:04 PM
Watch them close off Parliment Hill to big trucks on Feb 1st........

I’m supporting it through donations, btw.

JeanCretien
01-03-2019, 02:14 PM
Thanks for posting this!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bigwoodsman
01-03-2019, 02:21 PM

x2

BW

buckbrush
01-03-2019, 02:29 PM
Hopefully they are bringing some fuel trucks.

Thanks for posting. Can't wait to see it.

Justfishin73
01-03-2019, 02:33 PM
Great post---get er done!

Scott N
01-03-2019, 02:58 PM
Just thinking out loud here, but I wonder if the feds are going to have snipers on the rooftops again like they did when the C-68 protests were taking place?

6.5 shooter
01-03-2019, 02:58 PM

I was thinking the same thing..Highways will be closed due to construction....:scared:

Where can I donate??

260 Rem
01-03-2019, 03:26 PM
Suggest the convoy NOT block passage on the highway and raise the ire of supporters like happened with the Leduc protest.
How about a drive to Vancouver in the future?

ReconWilly
01-03-2019, 03:39 PM
They have my support, take the fight right to their house if you have to, blocking traffic is for Anqueefa.

Twisted Canuck
01-03-2019, 03:51 PM
I will chip in for fuel on the gofundme, and support our Oil & Gas industry....but what does the UN Migration compact have to do with it? Not that I'm in favor of it, but really doesn't seem to have any place in the convoy..Bill C-71, sure, protest. Carbon tax, for sure. Lack of Federal give a crap about Alberta or pipelines, yup. Migration? What?

Sundancefisher
01-03-2019, 03:54 PM
Great cause!

:sHa_shakeshout:

Albertadiver
01-03-2019, 03:54 PM
Suggest the convoy NOT block passage on the highway and raise the ire of supporters like happened with the Leduc protest.

I saw that convoy first-hand in Nisku. I had to race around the back roads to get across QEII to the airport. Stopped and watched for a bit. Lots of airhorns!

Didn't appreciate at all the stoppage on the Henday. I think some of the boys got a little too wound up and their message was tainted by that.

JReed
01-03-2019, 04:06 PM
This is great, thanks for posting! I don't work in this industry but I appreciate the patch employees and the sacrifices they make.

I'll be donating, I've had enough of this garbage already

ETOWNCANUCK
01-03-2019, 04:10 PM
Anyone have dates for when this is supposed to start??

Alberta Strong.

Dick284
01-03-2019, 04:23 PM
All the information about the convoy, and where you can donate is here:

https://www.gofundme.com/convoy-to-ottawa

Greasemonkey
01-03-2019, 04:25 PM
The date set for departing Red Deer is Feb 15 that is written in stone I encourage all of you to check out the page on Facebook please remember no racism no hate they run a tight ship in regards to those type of comments and thank you for the support, as much of an inconvenience as the convoy was in GP it almost choked me up to see that kind of support and was overwhelmed when Nisku happened and look at all the other rallies around Alberta and now Saskatchewan we are in for the fight of our jobs and industry Canada needs energy independence with pipelines we can achieve this

Ken07AOVette
01-03-2019, 04:34 PM
Finally some nationwide attention that can not be stifled, can not be misfed through cBc.

I did the 1 in Lloydminster, good turnout, nice to see so many care, terrible to find out its only us out West. Not shicking at all.

Just be wary of the Facebook gofundme's there are TONS of people 'accepting donations for paper, pens, vests, computers....'

You know the types. They are coming out of the woodwork.

Sooner
01-03-2019, 05:10 PM

My thoughts exactly. Turdo/Ottawa will shut down any street that might even get them close long before they get there. Force them to the outside and out of sight but they won't be able to deny the photo ops that convoy will bring. Man that's going to be a great sight.

I will be dropping some $$ to the go fund me pages too.

TomP
01-03-2019, 05:14 PM
Nice! Awesome news!

CaberTosser
01-03-2019, 05:18 PM
Hopefully they are bringing some fuel trucks.

Thanks for posting. Can't wait to see it.

Precisely, fuel the whole thing with Canadian product, it would not be without irony if they filled up with diesel or gas refined out east from foreign feedstock. Bring slip tanks and jerry cans, but buy Canadian!!

GMX
01-03-2019, 05:38 PM
Glad to see something as important as the future of or children not getting nuked off this site there hasn’t been anything this serious in this province in a long time. I’ve got a few buddies putting there trucks into this convoy.
Good for everyone who’s taking a stand and showing what they believe in Alberta Strong is Canada Strong!!

NCC
01-03-2019, 05:53 PM
I heard on CHED that they are pulling a tanker full of diesel along with them for refueling purposes.

The fact that they can find enough trucks and drivers available to go during the pre-breakup rush says a lot about the current work outlook.

halsey
01-03-2019, 07:42 PM
Eastbound and down..

Mb-MBR
01-03-2019, 07:48 PM
Just thinking out loud here, but I wonder if the feds are going to have snipers on the rooftops again like they did when the C-68 protests were taking place?

Guaranteed a few of the truckers will be undercover infiltrators....

Dewey Cox
01-03-2019, 09:15 PM
This will get spun by the media as a white power/anti immigration rally.
And watch for the department of transportation enforcement officers at the Ontario border. Everyone is getting inspected.
Those are my predictions, and I hope I'm wrong.
My hat is off to everyone going.

Dewey Cox
01-03-2019, 09:15 PM
You guys need a trans am blocker car.

260 Rem
01-03-2019, 09:32 PM
Including the carbon tax and anti-migrant groups just dilutes the message. Reminds me of the 1%ers a few years ago. So many different signs in the crowd the purpose was lost. Initially huge crowds...the result...nothing.

ganderblaster
01-03-2019, 10:34 PM
Including the carbon tax and anti-migrant groups just dilutes the message. Reminds me of the 1%ers a few years ago. So many different signs in the crowd the purpose was lost. Initially huge crowds...the result...nothing.

You seem to be quite eager to find flaws with those that are getting out and trying for positive change in this province. What are you doing for positive change?

mediumrare
01-04-2019, 04:36 AM
This is good.hopefully it makes a difference

58thecat
01-04-2019, 05:25 AM
Parliament hill and civil:snapoutofit:

Like oil and water........

Half Pickereled
01-04-2019, 05:43 AM
You seem to be quite eager to find flaws with those that are getting out and trying for positive change in this province. What are you doing for positive change?

You don’t have to be eager to find the flaws, it pretty much smacks you in the face if you check out their agendas. Don’t confuse yellow vests with strictly oil issues in Canada. Search goals here :https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yellow_vests_movement

For the record I support the cause of the Rally for Resources, much more directly focused on the problem at hand. If you go to Rally for Resources Facebook page you can see them distancing themselves : “The YV movement has no consistent message and has been highjacked by extremists from all sides”
Media reporting the disconnection as well :
https://www.google.ca/amp/s/globalnews.ca/news/4813651/truck-convoy-confusion-pro-pipeline-message/amp/

Bush Critter
01-04-2019, 06:03 AM
The migration issue is a whole different can of worms... we should just stick with the Alberta economy and getting pipelines trough so we get fair market value for our resources.

Bushrat
01-04-2019, 07:11 AM
Stay true to the original cause of the protest. This is becoming like going to the grocery store without a list and filling the cart with everything but what you went there for in the first place.

Bigwoodsman
01-04-2019, 07:23 AM
And watch for the department of transportation enforcement officers at the Ontario border. Everyone is getting inspected.

Roll 60-100 trucks on to the scale property at the Manitoba/Ontario boarder and they'll close the scales. Leapfrog the Convoy across Ontario and they won't know what to do but let them truckers roll!

BW

elkhunter11
01-04-2019, 08:07 AM

The carbon tax is a huge reason for the protests that are occurring, the truckers fee the effects of the carbon tax every time they fuel their trucks.

Sooner
01-04-2019, 09:30 AM

Yes!

I wonder if the big oil companies will be supplying some costs towards the fuel tankers?

Scott N
01-04-2019, 09:55 AM
Yes!

I wonder if the big oil companies will be supplying some costs towards the fuel tankers?

One thing for sure, Jerry Reed should be driving it.

Imagehunter
01-04-2019, 10:15 AM
Even if they close Parliament Hill and they can't get there all the way with their trucks, it will cause chaos. Seen this happen many times in Europe when farmers and ranchers had enough and drove their tractors to Berlin, Brussels or Paris to protest new laws threatening their work and living.
People also need to stop complaining about inconveniences caused by the convoy, show solidarity with them and direct the frustration at those who caused the truck drivers to stand up in the first place.

bat119
01-04-2019, 10:27 AM
Wouldn't be the first Trudeau protest, back in the 70's a convoy of tractors of farmers dumped a load of rotten wheat they couldn't sell in front of the Regina inn where Trudeau Sr. was staying, There was picture on the front page of the leader Post of him giving the farmers the finger off the balcony of the hotel.

I back the convoy because the needs of the West has been ignored by both Trudeau's.

CaberTosser
01-04-2019, 10:31 AM
The PM will probably take a week long holiday to the Aga Khan’s private island when the convoy is still 300 km away from arriving.

I agree with keeping the protest to the pipeline and carbon tax, being they’re very intertwined. Having association with another group that has immigration on their agenda would get the whole thing dismissed as a convoy of bigots; like it or not that’s how it would be portrayed between the CBC and the other ‘news’ orgs the PM just paid off with hundreds of millions of bribe money. They’d just have the camera crews find the creepiest, most unhinged people present to interview on-air and it would kill the public perception of the entire cause.

buckbrush
01-04-2019, 10:55 AM
The PM will probably take a week long holiday to the Aga Khan’s private island when the convoy is still 300 km away from arriving.

I agree with keeping the protest to the pipeline and carbon tax, being they’re very intertwined. Having association with another group that has immigration on their agenda would get the whole thing dismissed as a convoy of bigots; like it or not that’s how it would be portrayed between the CBC and the other ‘news’ orgs the PM just paid off with hundreds of millions of bribe money. They’d just have the camera crews find the creepiest, most unhinged people present to interview on-air and it would kill the public perception of the entire cause.

That's exactly it.

That's also why it is very important to keep it peaceful. I know everyone is stressing it hard but it's true. The news is going to be having everyone under a microscope and picking the bad apples to cover.

Myself I disagree with illegal immigration but I also see huge merit in controlled immigration. Hard working immigrants built the country we love.
I think it needs to be addressed but that is not what the convoy is for and in my eyes is not the priority.

A huge thank you to anyone who is taking part in this or helping through donation.

JDK71
01-04-2019, 11:13 AM

you are so right about that

Ken07AOVette
01-04-2019, 11:17 AM
The wildly assuming glorifying media is already all over it, and it won't happen for more than a month. They are talking about 700-3000 trucks going, about gangs in Edmonton using the yellow vests to further their racist agenda.....

*sigh

Savage Bacon
01-04-2019, 11:37 AM

And trucks full of Coors...

Oops getting off track

ReconWilly
01-04-2019, 12:29 PM
The wildly assuming glorifying media is already all over it, and it won't happen for more than a month. They are talking about 700-3000 trucks going, about gangs in Edmonton using the yellow vests to further their racist agenda.....

*sigh

The slanderous term "racist" has lost all it's power, it's the equivalent of calling someone a stupid dum dum or a poo poo head because you can't subvert the conversation to win an argument.

It's the ultimate form of self projection.

Reject the term and stop giving it the power to silence normal people.

Penner
01-04-2019, 12:35 PM
Go get’em boys (and girls). :fighting0030:

If there’s anything us non-truck drivers can do to help support let us know.

Ken07AOVette
01-04-2019, 12:51 PM
The slanderous term "racist" has lost all it's power, it's the equivalent of calling someone a stupid dum dum or a poo poo head because you can't subvert the conversation to win an argument.

It's the ultimate form of self projection.

Reject the term and stop giving it the power to silence normal people.

I wish it had, but just look at it's use daily from anyone not white that is mad at something. The media just LOVES it's use.

Back to the yellow vest movement, I will be watching it intently until the next vote.

sns2
01-04-2019, 12:58 PM

*sigh

The unfortunate thing is groups like ANTIFA, and white supremacists will join the demonstrations because they are anti-gov't and anarchist, in the process making regular working people, using their Charter rights for peaceful assembly, look like a bunch of animals.

KGB
01-04-2019, 10:35 PM
The unfortunate thing is groups like ANTIFA, and white supremacists will join the demonstrations because they are anti-gov't and anarchist, in the process making regular working people, using their Charter rights for peaceful assembly, look like a bunch of animals.

These groups should be kicked out of this event! Anybody who has the face masks on or any other agendas except support for Alberta and anti UN immigration pact.

Half Pickereled
01-04-2019, 10:58 PM
Already showing holes in the organization. I’m sure most are familiar with Bernard Hancock
https://www.google.ca/amp/s/globalnews.ca/news/3087859/okanagan-co-op-accusations-and-denials/amp/
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190105/b40f8d22d933448fa78cea8773c84484.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CaberTosser
01-04-2019, 11:24 PM

When I first heard of them and had never previously seen anything about them I thought "Anti-fascists, they must be OK" as it was a Calgary news article noting they were counter-protesting alleged white supremacists. I then looked up video of the very minor event and saw some wussies harassing some people that I'm not even sure were racists. Anyways, with that in mind there may be some people who have never looked up Antifa and just think "Well, they must be OK" based solely on their name. There sure seem to be a lot of them in Portland, Oregon based on how much civil disturbance there is video of happening there.

It seems these days that no matter what side people take up, it has to be highly polarizing and approached with a fundamentalist religious fervor. In the absence of following mainstream organized religion, many take up some other cult-like belief system.

Greasemonkey
01-04-2019, 11:45 PM
AFD petroleum has just put their super bee in the convoy which will be loaded with fuel and that was a donation, that is a pretty spectacular donation to this cause, the super bee fuel hauler has the biggest logo of “ I love oil and gas “ on both the lead and the pup they are saying it will be the lead truck in the convoy it’s going to be an awesome site to see, there’s no hiding from it now it’s coming “ let them truckers roll “ history being made here in Alberta boys

CaberTosser
01-05-2019, 12:05 AM
AFD petroleum has just put their super bee in the convoy which will be loaded with fuel and that was a donation, that is a pretty spectacular donation to this cause, the super bee fuel hauler has the biggest logo of “ I love oil and gas “ on both the lead and the pup they are saying it will be the lead truck in the convoy it’s going to be an awesome site to see, there’s no hiding from it now it’s coming “ let them truckers roll “ history being made here in Alberta boys

That's awesome of AFD petroleum!

I hope the previous notation of the questionable motivation/character of the fellow who organized the GoFundMe is sorted out ASAP, I was about to kick in for it but am leery until those things are clarified. What is Chris Claytons motivation? What connections, if any, does he have to O&G directly? That he's previously connected to an online Co-op does not seem to connect to the general type of thing an O&G worker would be up to.... I'd like to see a list of names and credentials of his noted "12 person admin panel with certified accountants" as there also seems to be some question of his legitimacy considering other orgs have publicly distanced themselves from him and asked that he not use their name in his fundraising. Being he's out of Vernon rather than O&G country in AB or Sask is also a bit of a curiosity. Red flags indeed.

Bigwoodsman
01-05-2019, 07:00 AM
That's awesome of AFD petroleum!

I hope the previous notation of the questionable motivation/character of the fellow who organized the GoFundMe is sorted out ASAP, I was about to kick in for it but am leery until those things are clarified. What is Chris Claytons motivation? What connections, if any, does he have to O&G directly? That he's previously connected to an online Co-op does not seem to connect to the general type of thing an O&G worker would be up to.... I'd like to see a list of names and credentials of his noted "12 person admin panel with certified accountants" as there also seems to be some question of his legitimacy considering other orgs have publicly distanced themselves from him and asked that he not use their name in his fundraising. Being he's out of Vernon rather than O&G country in AB or Sask is also a bit of a curiosity. Red flags indeed.

X2

I want to support the Convoy not the Con. Anything that detracts from the pro pipeline movement will lessen the impact of the message and become the main focus of this build the pipeline event.

Let them truckers roll!

BW

JULIUS
01-05-2019, 08:23 AM
I am pleased to support public and peaceful demonstrations . Good job guys

Imagehunter
01-06-2019, 06:28 PM
Any update on the above claim that the gofundme campaign is a scam?
There are two or three of these fundraisers up on gofundme and I find it hard to understand which one is legit and really supports the truckers driving East and which might use the money for whatever else.

Ken07AOVette
01-06-2019, 07:11 PM
Even if they close Parliament Hill and they can't get there all the way with their trucks, it will cause chaos. Seen this happen many times in Europe when farmers and ranchers had enough and drove their tractors to Berlin, Brussels or Paris to protest new laws threatening their work and living.
People also need to stop complaining about inconveniences caused by the convoy, show solidarity with them and direct the frustration at those who caused the truck drivers to stand up in the first place.

Most of the people complaining are the apartment living City dwellers who might not even own a vehicle and likely don't work. If they do work they are the type that buys milk from a nice clean carton not a dirty old cow and meat from Superstore not from a butcher. They are absolutely clueless about life just sit in hotels and bitch on Facebook about what a terrible thing the Convoy is.

Bigwoodsman
01-06-2019, 07:24 PM
Seen on the news this morning they were calling the convoy Western alienation. It’s plain that the east has no idea why the convoy is coming to parliament hill.

BW

Dewey Cox
01-06-2019, 07:45 PM
They should call it the farewell tour.

Bushrat
01-06-2019, 08:40 PM
Whoever heads up and organizes this convoy must put down some ground rules about what and why the convoy is happening. Only designated and educated speakers who can speak intelligently and convey their point without offending be allowed to talk to the media. General members of the convoy must hold their tongues and avoid contact with media. The media will be out in full force looking to bait hotheads who shoot from the hip, might not be well spoken and denigrate and twist context of what they say to make protesters look as bigoted, racist and uneducated as possible.

If this protest is done correctly it can have a great positive effect and gain eastern Canadian support. On the other hand if not done correctly the damage to the cause will be hard to overcome.

tri777
01-06-2019, 08:57 PM
Whoever heads up and organizes this convoy must put down some ground rules about what and why the convoy is happening. Only designated and educated speakers who can speak intelligently and convey their point without offending be allowed to talk to the media. General members of the convoy must hold their tongues and avoid contact with media. The media will be out in full force looking to bait hotheads who shoot from the hip, might not be well spoken and denigrate and twist context of what they say to make protesters look as bigoted, racist and uneducated as possible.

If this protest is done correctly it can have a great positive effect and gain eastern Canadian support. On the other hand if not done correctly the damage to the cause will be hard to overcome.

*Like*

Ken07AOVette
01-06-2019, 09:11 PM
*Like*

Agree +1

hayseed
01-06-2019, 09:12 PM

Well said Bushrat, and hopefully convey that any groups, which will ride the coat tails of this movement, segregate themselves appropriately.

This is so huge....

There is a massive mountain to climb, even to assemble such a rally in AB, let alone truck across our country, let alone the east even letting us get close to where we need to be.

Hopefully they keep the task at hand in mind while travelling through the route to Ottawa not yelling show me your tits as was on Ladd 2 at the Nisku rally.

Remember what and why we are doing this for folks, we can see boobs any day if you are so inclined.

Said let them truckers roll 10-4..!!!!!

6.5 shooter
01-06-2019, 10:04 PM
All the information about the convoy, and where you can donate is here:

https://www.gofundme.com/convoy-to-ottawa

Soooo? is this the right one to donate to ? as Claytons name comes up at the bottom drop down menu ?? Along with a couple others. :scared0018:

Dick284
01-06-2019, 10:14 PM
Soooo? is this the right one to donate to ? as Claytons name comes up at the bottom drop down menu ?? Along with a couple others. :scared0018:

I dunno, it’s the info I had at the time of posting, there now seems to be some sort of controversy brewing, so I’d say hold on.....

Ken07AOVette
01-06-2019, 10:28 PM

I would be hard pressed to give any money to any gfm group, it has been long known as one of the most scam filled ways to get money out of anyone. Does anyone actually think this group is going to stand at the pumps and pay fuel bills?

More than likely the lion share will go to the people running the GoFundMe. Happens all the time. You would be better off handing a cheque to a trucker.

does it ALL outdoors
01-07-2019, 05:16 AM

Agree with all of the above, especially the last part.

That's going to be a GREAT sight to see!

I just put 3 Alberta stickers on my truck, one says Make Alberta Great Again with a Derrick on it.

Go get em boys and girls and make LOTS of noise and fly the blue flag high & proud!

ESOXangler
01-07-2019, 06:26 AM
Most of the people complaining are the apartment living City dwellers who might not even own a vehicle and likely don't work. If they do work they are the type that buys milk from a nice clean carton not a dirty old cow and meat from Superstore not from a butcher. They are absolutely clueless about life just sit in hotels and bitch on Facebook about what a terrible thing the Convoy is.

So a solid 95% of Canada. Only this is movement gets any real change will be if they can keep the fringe wing nuts out. Otherwise Onterriblians Kbecers will use this to our disadvantage. Play it out like we are whiners from an ancient industry.

ReconWilly
01-07-2019, 06:44 PM

Maybe they could address this stuff while they have everyone's attention?

https://youtu.be/YI2AMv9cV-A

https://youtu.be/hbyKU0yIS-A

https://youtu.be/xqQm1qk8lMc

HalfBreed
01-14-2019, 09:57 PM
I'm no logistician, but I knew this wouldn't happen.https://www.cbc.ca/amp/1.4978119

brslk
01-14-2019, 11:26 PM
One thing for sure, Jerry Reed should be driving it.

Umm... that would be... interesting

338Bluff
01-14-2019, 11:28 PM
I'm no logistician, but I knew this wouldn't happen.https://www.cbc.ca/amp/1.4978119

There is still one remaining. Raised over 100K. Leaving in February.

reddeerguy2015
01-15-2019, 06:58 AM
So assuming GoFundMe raises 150k by departure time (At $100k currently)....

35l/100km average fuel economy per truck...

Calgary to Ottawa is 3500km one way (7k round trip)...

That's $2500 in fuel costs per truck to make round trip - fuel ONLY.

$150k / $2500 = 60 trucks going to Ottawa...

Not much of a showing.

I realize some will pay their own way. But I can't see it going much further than that.

Maybe see 100 trucks heading east ?? Estimated. I don't know. Time will tell I suppose.

Grizzly Adams
01-15-2019, 09:14 AM
So assuming GoFundMe raises 150k by departure time (At $100k currently)....

35l/100km average fuel economy per truck...

Calgary to Ottawa is 3500km one way (7k round trip)...

That's $2500 in fuel costs per truck to make round trip - fuel ONLY.

$150k / $2500 = 60 trucks going to Ottawa...

Not much of a showing.

I realize some will pay their own way. But I can't see it going much further than that.

Maybe see 100 trucks heading east ?? Estimated. I don't know. Time will tell I suppose.

Gotta wonder if all those different inter provincial trucking regulations play a part ?

Grizz

I-Love-Eyes
01-15-2019, 09:49 AM
I heard on the news this morning that the convoy has been cancelled. Any contributors to the GFM are to be reimbursed.

Jim Blake
01-15-2019, 10:47 AM
I heard on the news this morning that the convoy has been cancelled. Any contributors to the GFM are to be reimbursed.

The Rally4Resources convoy was cancelled. Too bad I know the organizers and their heart was really into this. I got notice from GoFundMe that my card will be reimbursed.

This convoy was ALL in reference to the Oilpatch unlike the Yellow Vests that cover a number of hot topics.

HalfBreed
01-15-2019, 11:17 AM
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I seem to recall a similar protest late 80's early 90's that encountered the full force of the national transport corridor law enforcement. Weigh scales, log books, trip details etc. Leading to arrests and fines in many cases.
I wonder if those past lessons learned came to the forefront, making this effort unpalatable?
I don't do the national transport thing, so really have no idea, perhaps a professional could expand o. This line of thought.
I did read in the article that the organizer said something to the effect that some of the vehicles were incapable of making said journey. I am of the understanding that trucks routinely traverse the continent? Thanks in advance for any enlightenment.