PDA

View Full Version : Geography lesson by Canada Post

2 Tollers
01-03-2019, 06:13 PM
My wool hunting pants had their last season this year so I ordered a pair of Big Bill cargo from Gostwear.

Canada Post ---- You ever make a mistake and then think -- oh I will give them another chance. Canada Post Parcel delivery --- I had sworn never to use them again due to lost or late parcels. I ordered the set of pants two weeks before Christmas and an option for standard shipping was Canada Post so not needing them quickly I went with the seven days via Canada Post.

Now a test on how well you understand Canadian geography according to Canada Post --- order point was Laval QC, shipment was to arrive in Edmonton on Dec 21st ----- still not here on Jan 2nd so I go on line and check. The package went from Laval to Montreal to St Johns NL to Dieppe NB and now is shown as in transit from Dieppe NB to somewhere with a delivery of 12/31/18.

All these years and I did not realise the shortest point from Montreal to Edmonton was through St Johns NL.

My last wool hunting pants lasted about 15 years. With all the miles on these I expect they will be worn out before they get here

At least they are staying consistent to past experiences.

barbless
01-03-2019, 06:40 PM
Unless we give more money to QC :argue2: they will continue to use the milk run with the Canada (pony express) Post. Besides, they will be well travelled and broke in for ya. I would demand a sticker be put on the box for every stop :sHa_sarcasticlol:

Coiloil37
01-03-2019, 06:44 PM
They must have your number. I’ve probably done 2500+ internet buy/sell transactions and use Canada post every time I can which would be 99+%. They’ve never lost a package and I can’t think of to many times it’s been slower then I thought it should be. They’ve certainly never sent my goods on the milk run.

Bigwoodsman
01-03-2019, 06:49 PM
A week before Christmas my significant other sent a package to her parents in Vernon on UPS. Paid for overnight delivery. She tracked it to Calgary then Winnipeg then Vancouver then Kelowna. Apparently overnight in UPS language means 4 days. She paid 80.00 for this service.

BW

barbless
01-03-2019, 06:52 PM
Not sure why it went where it did cause now a days all they pretty much need is a postal code and it should make it here. The address is a bonus to get it to your house.

IronNoggin
01-03-2019, 06:58 PM
CP left a clearly marked box "Restricted Weapon" and "Signature Required" leaning against our front door. You could read that text from the street.

This is what was inside:

https://i.imgur.com/Y2LLBaz.jpg

One Colt M 4.

That contractor wandered on to another profession as a direct consequence.

Sent out another package to a Confirmed address the first week of December before I wandered to the mainland for late season archery. It boomeranged yesterday. The town it took a MONTH to go to and come back from is less than 100 miles from here. They wanted another 15 clams to release it to me. They are still holding it as I have yet to meet with their folks on this one (again). The address was correct.

Completely Useless and overpriced outfit. :mad0100:
NEVER again.

Nog

cowmanbob
01-03-2019, 07:12 PM
Ordered some wool pants about two weeks ago and they still haven't billed my credit card.

2 Tollers
01-04-2019, 06:33 AM
Package is now back in Montreal --- file noted delivery will be delayed due to transportation delay

:thinking-006: :sign0176:

Before retirement part of my job required the sending of paper copy accreditation / reporting registrations to Federal regulators. For some reason certain regulators will not use e form pdf as the formal file copy even if it is initialled on each page.

Canada Post over night priority mail was used. They would meet the next day requirement 90% of the time. The 10% always seemed to be when we had a critical package going through.

ghostguy6
01-04-2019, 09:49 AM
Now I find Canada Post is only good if they are shipping Amazon parcels. Everything else forget about it. I had a parcel coming from New Brunswick to Edmonton. It started in NB, went to New York, then Florida, Texas, South Carolina, Idaho, Vancouver, Calgary were it got lost for a few weeks then back to NB then to Edmonton. I still cant figure out how it made it across the border into USPS's hands. I even got billed a fee because customs opened the box when it came back into Canada.

Dean2
01-04-2019, 10:00 AM
A week before Christmas my significant other sent a package to her parents in Vernon on UPS. Paid for overnight delivery. She tracked it to Calgary then Winnipeg then Vancouver then Kelowna. Apparently overnight in UPS language means 4 days. She paid 80.00 for this service.

BW

She can get a full refund from UPS. Just fill out the paper work. Same is true with Canada Post Expedited Parcel service if they miss the delivery deadline.

As far as Canada post, I receive and ship a lot of parcels every year. For the price I don't think you can beat the service. Never lost a parcel nor have I had any contents damaged in the last ten years or so. USPS in the States is just as good and who I use to ship parcels from there to here. Way better than UPS or Fedex.

SuperCub
01-04-2019, 10:07 AM
As far as Canada post, I receive and ship a lot of parcels every year. For the price I don't think you can beat the service. Never lost a parcel nor have I had any contents damaged in the last ten years or so.

^^ This ^^ ...... I've always had good luck with CP as well.

I've posted & received 100s of parcels over the last 20yrs and only have ever lost one.

Dubious
01-04-2019, 10:27 AM
they seem to deliver the devils lettuce fast and secure. I also prefer Canada post to ups and Fedex cause you can get items delivered to any post office if your not going to be home and just pick them up after work fedex or ups don't have as many locations and after a failed delivery it can take 24 hours or more to go pick it up at there locations.

ghostguy6
01-04-2019, 11:27 AM
Same is true with Canada Post Expedited Parcel service if they miss the delivery deadline.

But Canada Post will only allow you file a complaint if you are the shipper, not the receiver. If the parcel is mailed to you, you must have the shipper file on your behalf, they get the refund eventually then if you are lucky they will forward it back on to you. Its been my experience most companies wont go through this hassle any more and now include some sort of fine print stating they will not be responsible for late or damaged shipments.

Dean2
01-04-2019, 11:31 AM
But Canada Post will only allow you file a complaint if you are the shipper, not the receiver. If the parcel is mailed to you, you must have the shipper file on your behalf, they get the refund eventually then if you are lucky they will forward it back on to you. Its been my experience most companies wont go through this hassle any more and now include some sort of fine print stating they will not be responsible for late or damaged shipments.

I agree, I meant this to be from the perspective of the shipper. I pretty much sell everything where the price includes shipping so do not feel the need to send the recipient the refund.

bat119
01-04-2019, 06:35 PM
I've had good luck with CP sometimes things go the wrong way

Ordered a boars hair bath brush from Calgary Dec. 11 received a notification from Canada post it cleared customs today.
The route
Calgary-Richmond-Seattle Washington-customs-Vancouver now heading West unless they decide to tour the Eastern seaboard or something.

Captain Alberta
01-04-2019, 07:23 PM
Seems to me that the only real screw-up with Canada Post happened when I ordered from an East Coast supplier and the package went though Quebec.
It took forever and the tracking was complete nonsense.
Vancouver to Central AB? Slick as grease.
USA anywhere to Alberta? No problem.

Au revoir, Gopher
01-04-2019, 07:36 PM
I've had good luck with CP sometimes things go the wrong way

Ordered a boars hair bath brush from Calgary Dec. 11 received a notification from Canada post it cleared customs today.
The route
Calgary-Richmond-Seattle Washington-customs-Vancouver now heading West unless they decide to tour the Eastern seaboard or something.

Just wait, when they deliver it they will want $10 for customs fees :)

ARG