PDA

View Full Version : If you are hanging on to pot stocks.....

pikergolf
01-05-2019, 06:32 AM
..... this might be worth a read and ponder.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/ottawa/cannabis-marijuana-agriculture-canada-scientist-1.4951110

Habfan
01-05-2019, 07:44 AM
So if big cannabis companies bring in cheaper pot, doesn’t that mean they will make more profit for stock holders ? I read somewhere that the shortage of pot in Canada is due to selling product to other countries for more profit, again good for stockholders.

Trochu
01-05-2019, 07:55 AM
So, t-shirts, cars, tvs, soap, couches, printers, tools, tables, and now even pot is cheaper from 3rd world country's. I'm just joking, but yes, essentially everything can be made cheaper down there, I don't think this is really news.

Grizzly Adams
01-05-2019, 07:57 AM
Come on, this whole business has been way over hyped, a correction is inevitable , when Reality comes calling. There actually were a lot of people who made money with Bre-X. It was the latecomers who got screwed.

Grizz

Trochu
01-05-2019, 08:01 AM
Come on, this whole business has been way over hyped, a correction is inevitable , when Reality comes calling. There actually were a lot of people who made money with Bre-X. It was the latecomers who got screwed.

Grizz

It has corrected hasn't it? Aurora for example has essentially been trending downward since October. Something seemed to have happened yesterday though, some went up 25+%.

dmac
01-05-2019, 08:58 AM
Lots of warnings that the hype and euphoria is going to end badly for many investors. The Aphria deal is an eye opener. Scam?? Most likely.

Check out todays Globe for an investigative report/interview.

Weedy1
01-05-2019, 09:15 AM
It has corrected hasn't it? Aurora for example has essentially been trending downward since October. Something seemed to have happened yesterday though, some went up 25+%.

Which ones went up 25% yesterday?

MrDave
01-05-2019, 10:02 AM
There was a fire at a grow op in Olds just before a shipment was to be sent out. Something investors forgot about is the habit of these places to go up in smoke.

Trochu
01-05-2019, 10:06 AM
which ones went up 25% yesterday?

thc.

Weedy1
01-05-2019, 10:13 AM
thc.

Thanks

Trochu
01-05-2019, 10:41 AM
Thanks

The "some" may have been an error on my part. My bad.

Captain Alberta
01-05-2019, 11:31 AM
There was a fire at a grow op in Olds just before a shipment was to be sent out. Something investors forgot about is the habit of these places to go up in smoke.

Many volunteers rushed to the scene to help. Smoke inhalation was a major problem (and the munchies). :)

KGB
01-05-2019, 11:48 AM
1. Not many 3rd world counties have a “legal” marijuana laws that allows the farmers to grow weed. Thus there is a shortage of product.
2. I think we are going to see some major consolidation in the pot industries. Once all of them start producing and showing their growing capabilities and revenue capabilities, we will start seeing buy outs. That’s when you can still make money. An avarage buy out is about 25-35% above the current stock price. If you sold your positions recently - then sit tight till I would say April and buy some smaller guys. Put it away and forget about them for a year or two.
That is my strategy at the moment.

Trochu
01-07-2019, 02:20 PM
Thanks

You buy any?

I'm not sure why, but its up 35% today so far.

Weedy1
01-07-2019, 06:05 PM
You buy any?

I'm not sure why, but its up 35% today so far.

No, I have never done any research into that company.

bdub
01-08-2019, 08:11 AM
ACB just warned on a revenue miss for next quarter. Just a heads up. Haven't bothered to read through the quarter as I don't own any pot stocks.

https://www.bnnbloomberg.ca/aurora-cannabis-warns-q2-revenue-to-miss-analyst-estimates-1.1194951

KGB
01-09-2019, 06:35 PM
It was posted today on Bloomberg’s site that the cost to buy the legal pot is 50% higher that off the dealer. Even considering that fact, there is a huge shortage of legal weed.... The MJ market isn’t dead, I think it is just re-coiling for the next round. Most likely, I am pretty sure it’s gonna be a run of take overs.

Kim473
01-10-2019, 05:26 AM
When the large growers finally get there act together and there grow houses get a constant weekly or monthly supply, then things will level out.

Armorman
01-10-2019, 05:37 AM
In my opinion: The big money isn't going to be from LP's growing the crops. Companies who add value to the product are going to be the winners here. Think edible companies like NH with their Flï branded chocolates, infused beverages, or oils. There is huge potential for those sorts of companies.