PDA

View Full Version : Buyer beware

223MB
01-05-2019, 11:52 PM
Figured I’d give everyone on here a heads up. There’s a guy named chuck McPhee on Facebook/kijiji who’s been ripping many many people off on custom rods. After seeing yet another person post on Facebook about him I figured enough was enough.

Jamie
01-06-2019, 12:01 AM
Figured I’d give everyone on here a heads up. There’s a guy named chuck McPhee on Facebook/kijiji who’s been ripping many many people off on custom rods. After seeing yet another person post on Facebook about him I figured enough was enough.

I saw that!! I also saw his replies. HOLY CRAP.. How do people like that walk the street? Someone is going to deal with that guy at some point I am sure.

calgarygringo
01-06-2019, 08:00 AM
Nothing new this guy is an on going pain in the back side and had been for a long time in all the Facebook fishing groups. If you see his name just turn the other way if money is involved.

Dweb
01-06-2019, 09:13 AM
It's insane how many got scammed by this guy.

If you go to his page , people who actually did get his "custom" rods post pictures of them , they are atrocious.

Ken07AOVette
01-06-2019, 09:46 AM
It is unnerving to see his responses, he is always the consumate villified victim, after the shirt scandal and guiding ripoffs and whatever else and now the beautiful custom rods, somewhere in his mind he feels that he is 100% justified in what he does to people, 'because of the quality of his artwork'.
His is a dangerous mind, he is the living epitome of the entitled criminal, he has done no wrong and will not stop for such nonsense (people demanding something for their money, how dare they).
One day he will screw the wrong guy and end up under a dumpster.

jeffreys 21234
01-06-2019, 01:21 PM
Any one have a link to the add

Talking moose
01-06-2019, 01:34 PM
Paint an ugly stick and call it custom? Lol. Here’s my money!

223MB
01-06-2019, 03:41 PM
Any one have a link to the add

A Facebook page has been created called:
For your information and evaluation - chuck McPhee

I recall seeing about 6 or 7 posts regarding individuals being ripped off, majority being females buying gifts for family members paying more than $400 for a custom spray painted rod.

jeffreys 21234
01-06-2019, 04:35 PM
Tryed looking for it but since I’m not on fb couldn’t find it

HuyFishin
01-06-2019, 05:47 PM
God.. I just saw some photos of his rods. It's discusting..
Just looks like sloppy paint on these rods. No custom threadwork or art of any kind.

I feel bad for anyone that's made any purchase

223MB
01-06-2019, 05:59 PM
God.. I just saw some photos of his rods. It's discusting..
Just looks like sloppy paint on these rods. No custom threadwork or art of any kind.

I feel bad for anyone that's made any purchase

The worst part is that only a few have actually received here pieces of junk.
And the people who have complained about the quality or not even receiving anything got slammed racially and told NO refunds, they need to wait.

warriorboy10
01-06-2019, 06:14 PM
He has quite the apology on fb, apparently allergic to the epoxy. He just figure this out!!

mooseknuckle
01-06-2019, 07:01 PM
It is unnerving to see his responses, he is always the consumate villified victim, after the shirt scandal and guiding ripoffs and whatever else and now the beautiful custom rods, somewhere in his mind he feels that he is 100% justified in what he does to people, 'because of the quality of his artwork'.
His is a dangerous mind, he is the living epitome of the entitled criminal, he has done no wrong and will not stop for such nonsense (people demanding something for their money, how dare they).

X2 few guys should get together. Ill order one and say i only have cash lets meet in person.....

Ken07AOVette
01-06-2019, 07:15 PM
X2 few guys should get together. Ill order one and say i only have cash lets meet in person.....

You order it, I know your knee is bad so let me know when you are supposed to pick it up, I will give you a lift. :)

223MB
01-06-2019, 07:51 PM

You forgot about his boys and girls club scam.
Had several kijiji ads asking for donations of fishing/hunting gear that would go to less privileged children, then posted all he donated goods for sale months after. When I read about that I was outraged to say the least.
Now he’s claiming his vehicle was stolen, his shack at wabamun was robbed and all his fishing gear is gone.

Willowtrail
01-06-2019, 07:52 PM
I just offered her one of my rods. I have many and her 7’0” rod came in at 68”. Not cool at all.

My rods not custom but it’s a used 10 minutes 7’4” Quantum Prism spinning rod.

This poor woman spent way too much on what she got.

She paid $421

Ken07AOVette
01-06-2019, 08:00 PM
I just offered her one of my rods. I have many and her 7’0” rod came in at 68”. Not cool at all.

My rods not custom but it’s a used 10 minutes 7’4” Quantum Prism spinning rod.

This poor woman spent way too much on what she got.

She paid $421

Thumbs up Mister. You are as always, a class act pal! :sHa_shakeshout:

Dweb
01-06-2019, 08:35 PM
The more I read into this the more I'm outraged ...

HuyFishin
01-06-2019, 08:55 PM
You forgot about his boys and girls club scam.
Had several kijiji ads asking for donations of fishing/hunting gear that would go to less privileged children, then posted all he donated goods for sale months after. When I read about that I was outraged to say the least.
Now he’s claiming his vehicle was stolen, his shack at wabamun was robbed and all his fishing gear is gone.

If he was actually robbed, then he deserves it. Karma is a bitch

Ken07AOVette
01-06-2019, 09:13 PM
If he was actually robbed, then he deserves it. Karma is a bitch

All those countless thousands of dollars worth of guide gear...

There was lots if talk about that too.

Hes not afraid to scam anyone, why stop at insurance companies?

jeffreys 21234
01-07-2019, 11:37 AM
This story gets more An more interesting. As it goes on worked with chuck on pipeline years ago sure seem he hasn’t changed much from then

Talking moose
01-09-2019, 10:49 PM
https://www.facebook.com/1210911658/posts/10219244969174291/

ghostguy6
01-09-2019, 11:00 PM

Id be happy to go along with you............ as long as we can find a solid alibi.:fighting0030: