PDA

View Full Version : Great customer service thread

wildbill
01-07-2019, 04:54 PM
I am very hard on my fly rods, I’ve sent others to get warranty work done, took months to get them repaired, and the cost of shipping and 50$ for the repair.
I have a bad tendency to fish spots that most people in their right mind would never fish, lots of scaling cliffs, embankment and what not, one spot in particular, just a death trap, but very good fishing. I have broken numerous sections of rod over the years, but last few years, I’ve been leaning towards TFO, their warranty is very good, walk into their warehouse in Calgary, give them 30$ and the broken piece (I usually forget the broken piece) and they walk back with a new one. Painless, the gentlemen (Choi I believe) who works there is a great ambassador to the sport, very knowledgeable about all the merchandise they have on hand, an excellent representative for TFO and has a very humble demeanour about him. The last person I had the pleasure of dealing with who possessed the intimate knowledge of the merchandise they were selling was Rick at wholesale sports in Lethbridge back in the glory days. They’ve even got 80 cent flies, and will say some other interesting “stuff”. Hats off to the guys at the TFO warehouse, no nonsense, no bs, just straight shooters!