PDA

View Full Version : New twist on photo radar

Talking moose
01-08-2019, 01:30 PM
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190108/5b63ca0e5c9b0c724f175b71490bf5ce.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Talking moose
01-08-2019, 01:33 PM
Would be nice to have law abiding citizens winning the radar funds each day.....I think this is in the name of safety and as a nice bonus people win nice sums of cash. I believe it would slow people down as well.

JB_AOL
01-08-2019, 01:49 PM
Would be nice to have law abiding citizens winning the radar funds each day.....I think this is in the name of safety and as a nice bonus people win nice sums of cash. I believe it would slow people down as well.

Great idea, except they should have a hidden speed cam about a block after to confirm that they are "law-abiding", you know, for those people that have been driving for 40 years, never sped but for some reason have to slam on their brakes to slow to the speed limit.

dmcbride
01-08-2019, 01:54 PM
Driving under the speed limit if road conditions are good should carry the same fine as driving over the speed limit, both are a hazard.

sillyak
01-08-2019, 02:01 PM
Driving under the speed limit if road conditions are good should carry the same fine as driving over the speed limit, both are a hazard.

Yep

Top 5% and bottom 5% are the hazards, each just as hazardous as the other.

Talking moose
01-08-2019, 02:11 PM

Well then for example.... 80 kmh speed limit, enter those that go through at 77-83kmh.

The Elkster
01-08-2019, 03:23 PM
This might be considered if speeding tickets were actually about safety rather than ticket revenue. Base on where they put most of the speed traps I think we know the real motivation for enforcement :thinking-006:

Freedom55
01-09-2019, 06:51 AM
Police forces across the country are like all workers everywhere. The easier the picking, the easier it is to get through your day. Why should a cop be different from any other member of the proletariat?

Unregistered user
01-09-2019, 02:28 PM
because they steal from us.

Dewey Cox
01-09-2019, 02:46 PM
Police forces across the country are like all workers everywhere. The easier the picking, the easier it is to get through your day. Why should a cop be different from any other member of the proletariat?

I hope you're not my doctor.

does it ALL outdoors
01-10-2019, 02:37 AM
I wouldn't hold my breath on the government giving money back if they didn't have to, especially in photo-happy E-town :angry3:

That is a GREAT idea though.

Kim473
01-10-2019, 04:58 AM
Come on now. It's not a cash grab ! $100K for the the camera install, $5k / month for maintenance and downloading of pics. It's not a cash grab !
Don't speed much any more, last ticket was in 2014.

We need more traffic cops on the road though. Saw 2 red light , 3 cell phone infractions yesterday on my 10 minute drive home, and those were just minutes away from a major cop shop and i'm sure there were more I didn't notice! Just the average day in my area of Edmonton.

One red light, arrow to turn left was red and driver went through it. The other, The guy turned left on a red at a different light. WOW!

But lets set up speed cameras, all those other infractions don't cause accidents.

I like the count down timers at lights, they sure help in knowing when the lights will change. When it hits 3 to 5 seconds you know you have to stop. They should be at every traffic light !

58thecat
01-10-2019, 06:44 AM
And you drive like a wanker then as you approach you slow down....

The answer is harsher penalties for abusing a privilidge.....it's slowly coming but not fast enough.

Redneck 7
01-10-2019, 06:48 AM
I don’t see that having any effect besides giving money back to the speeders basically. If they want to achieve that then get owners register a gps when they register their vehicle. That way they monitor it 24/7 when it’s on, then they should be eligible to win that lottery... but then again, that won’t happen either.

Freedom55
01-10-2019, 06:57 AM
I hope you're not my doctor.

Not to put too fine a point on it, but since when have doctors become part of the working class? How many of those people are suffering lay-offs and plant closures?

The regular working stiff has barely enough money to make it to the end of the month. None can afford such a high priced item as a traffic infraction, particularly one that comes in the mail and is unassailable in traffic court.

rem338win
01-10-2019, 10:34 AM
because they steal from us.

Because you know rules and broke them?

Its more of a stupid tax.

Unregistered user
01-10-2019, 11:32 AM
It's a cash grab and you know it. Lotteries and scratchers, now those are idiot taxes.

walking buffalo
01-10-2019, 11:54 AM
They?

What's with all the "They"s?

This They is actually YOU....

sewerrat
01-10-2019, 05:50 PM
Looks like Derek Fildebrant wants to scrap all photo radars in Alberta,

As they should.

https://globalnews.ca/news/4831764/alberta-fcp-photo-radar/

pikergolf
01-10-2019, 05:54 PM
Not to put too fine a point on it, but since when have doctors become part of the working class? How many of those people are suffering lay-offs and plant closures?

The regular working stiff has barely enough money to make it to the end of the month. None can afford such a high priced item as a traffic infraction, particularly one that comes in the mail and is unassailable in traffic court.

Good grief:snapoutofit: I'd bet Dr's are some of the toughest hours of all jobs. Can't pay the fine, don't do the crime.

RandyBoBandy
01-10-2019, 08:39 PM
Photo radar issue is so FREEKING easy to avoid...Just follow the POSTED speed limit or at the very least, be aware of your driving surroundings. Those BOZO's are not that conspicuous if you pay attention :) Now, when they start making speed cams look like an electrical box, that's dirty :sHa_sarcasticlol:

rem338win
01-11-2019, 12:41 PM
It's a cash grab and you know it. Lotteries and scratchers, now those are idiot taxes.

Its a stupid tax. Dont speed, dont run reds, dont pay fines.

A cash grab is paying for parking to attend a hospital built and funded by my taxes. Unavoidable. Speeding is aviodable.

I hate photo radar too. I could buy a few more rifles if only i paid more attention.

rem338win
01-11-2019, 12:42 PM
Photo radar issue is so FREEKING easy to avoid...Just follow the POSTED speed limit or at the very least, be aware of your driving surroundings. Those BOZO's are not that conspicuous if you pay attention :) Now, when they start making speed cams look like an electrical box, that's dirty :sHa_sarcasticlol:

Damn it Lethbridge.

fordtruckin
01-11-2019, 05:32 PM

Right the regular alberta worker who is driving a brand new 70000$ jacked up diesel, towing a nice new 5th wheel and a sled deck with a new quad or snowmobile...

Or

The regular alberta worker who a working at a fast food joint, big box store or any of the other less glamorous places of employment. I bet I can guess which category you belong to...:scared0018:

Freedom55
01-12-2019, 05:33 AM
Right the regular alberta worker who is driving a brand new 70000$ jacked up diesel, towing a nice new 5th wheel and a sled deck with a new quad or snowmobile...

Or

The regular alberta worker who a working at a fast food joint, big box store or any of the other less glamorous places of employment. I bet I can guess which category you belong to...:scared0018:

And your guess would be wrong, Officer. Just like your analogy.

Maybe one or two commenters should consult a dictionary. It's a good bet that anyone earning a six figure salary would hardly be regarded as a member of the segment of society mentioned in my earlier post.

Free