PDA

View Full Version : Dog Shoots Man

elkhunter11
01-09-2019, 02:15 PM
Even dogs can cause accidents with loaded forearms.

http://thehuntingnews.com/his-pants-were-just-soaked-in-blood-hunters-leg-amputated-after/?fbclid=IwAR2PPViWMrVcGuk8qtK58ISmLGe5heGUnvy-B9xMzv1w6L6fta6iHU-feTI

MK2750
01-09-2019, 02:31 PM
Released the safety and fired the gun????

Bad enough to have a loaded gun left on the bed of a truck but adding some BS to the story brings question to the whole story. Maybe the dog could discharge a loaded gun with the safety off...maybe, but more likely something really stupid or even stupider happened and they are trying to shift blame from the offender.

rugerfan
01-09-2019, 02:41 PM
Don't know what gun was involved but on an 870 or anything with a similar safety it'd be pretty easy for it to trip the saftey if the paw was already on the trigger guard.

MK2750
01-09-2019, 03:12 PM
Don't know what gun was involved but on an 870 or anything with a similar safety it'd be pretty easy for it to trip the saftey if the paw was already on the trigger guard.

I bet you could put 10 dogs in the back of the truck with 10 shotguns laying on the bed with safe on and none would be in the fired position after a week.

elkhunter11
01-09-2019, 03:19 PM
I guess that is one good thing about our Alberta regulations, that prohibit loaded firearms in or on a motor vehicle.:)

Bigwoodsman
01-09-2019, 03:20 PM
Did this dog have a license to handle a firearm? Was he trained? Did he not know that the gun was loaded.

Lets get a 7 page thread going on this.

BW

sns2
01-09-2019, 03:38 PM
Did this dog have a license to handle a firearm? Was he trained? Did he not know that the gun was loaded.

BW

I can dang sure guarantee you he was better trained than the cop who had to resort to running over a wounded deer multiple times cuz he didn't know how to dispatch it.

wally338
01-09-2019, 06:25 PM
I don't need a law telling me not to point a loaded gun at myself/ walk in front of loaded gun.

hayseed
01-09-2019, 06:31 PM
I can dang sure guarantee you he was better trained than the cop who had to resort to running over a wounded deer multiple times cuz he didn't know how to dispatch it.

Although not really funny I was thinkin yeh same thing...and agree with you.

At least the dog didn't jump in a pickup after and check out reverse and drive a few times...

sns2
01-09-2019, 06:53 PM
That was really bad.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

colroggal
01-09-2019, 07:31 PM
I don't need a law telling me not to point a loaded gun at myself/ walk in front of loaded gun.

'Nuff said

Colin

Ithaca Dog
01-09-2019, 08:27 PM
I bet you could put 10 dogs in the back of the truck with 10 shotguns laying on the bed with safe on and none would be in the fired position after a week.

I've heard about one of these a year for the last few years. I'm not sure if the story is just recirculated every now and then or if it happens every year.

Dog steps on the gun which is laying action up. Toe pushes off the safety and the claw sets off the gun. If I lay my gun on the ground during a hunt I have started laying my gun down action side down when my dogs around because of this.

Redneck 7
01-09-2019, 08:38 PM
I think the gun shouldn’t have been loaded at that stage, whenever I lay my gun in the box of the truck, always empty, I open the action. But the more I think about my dog Rosie, if she was walking in the box of my truck, she doesn’t even like to step on anything in the box. When I put her in the dog box, in the box of the truck, and I have materials in there or my sled for hunting. She’s really hesitant and doesn’t like stepping on anything but the box bottom.

58thecat
01-10-2019, 06:49 AM

BW

You wait it will run its course:scared0018:

Okotok
01-10-2019, 06:50 AM
I'll bet the guy told the authorities that the dog farted right after he shot him!

Bigwoodsman
01-10-2019, 07:14 AM
I'll bet the guy told the authorities that the dog farted right after he shot him!

Maybe the dog wanted a treat? Maybe the owner said no? So the dog shot him!

BW

TheHammer675
01-12-2019, 07:36 AM

BW

lol