PDA

View Full Version : "Ultrafiltered Milk"

CaberTosser
01-10-2019, 12:35 AM
Mrs Caber bought some as an experiment and we've concluded its the same product from Bart's school cafeteria. I think there's some drywall in it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RZlH9I9RIhU

grouse_hunter
01-10-2019, 06:07 AM
I'm perplexed by the fact that the vast majority of consumers want homogenized milk which has had its' molecular structure disturbed by the homogenization process itself, instead of the raw, natural product which may require slight agitation prior to consumption.

Give me convenience or give me death!

Good ol' Malk, lol

Justfishin73
01-10-2019, 06:25 AM
Hell, used to have fresh from the udder with breakfast when we were kids

grouse_hunter
01-10-2019, 06:40 AM

Same here. That's illegal milk in my oatmeal right now!

Grizzly Adams
01-10-2019, 08:55 AM

Hey, this stuff is new and improved. Must be better. :lol:

Grizz

slough shark
01-10-2019, 10:18 AM
What they do to milk now I’m convinced is why there are so many “lactose intolerant or sensitive” people nowadays. I used to drink tons of milk no issues but now I have to limit the stuff I buy from stores, if I have raw milk no issues at all...

walking buffalo
01-10-2019, 11:29 AM
Mrs Caber bought some as an experiment and we've concluded its the same product from Bart's school cafeteria. I think there's some drywall in it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RZlH9I9RIhU

There probably is mud in it.
How else could this fluid be "whiteish"?

Atex
01-10-2019, 11:52 AM
What they do to milk now I’m convinced is why there are so many “lactose intolerant or sensitive” people nowadays. I used to drink tons of milk no issues but now I have to limit the stuff I buy from stores, if I have raw milk no issues at all...

I got the same issue as well with store bought cr@p... yet I can drink as much raw milk as I want, no problems.

Grizzly Adams
01-10-2019, 05:15 PM
Welcome to trade disputes. :D

TRADE
A guide to understanding the dairy dispute between the U.S. and Canada
High tariffs, ultrafiltered milk and supply management play key roles in the dispute

SEAN KILPATRICK/THE CANADIAN PRESS

BARRIE MCKENNA ECONOMICS REPORTER
OTTAWA
INCLUDES CORRECTION
PUBLISHED APRIL 24, 2017
UPDATED NOVEMBER 12, 2017
Why are U.S. dairy farmers mad at Canada?

Canada has long maintained a high tariff wall on most dairy products. The duty on milk is 270 per cent. That keeps most imports from the United States and elsewhere out of Canada, while helping to prop up higher domestic prices. One notable exception is ultrafiltered milk and other protein-rich dairy ingredients used to make dairy products such as cheese and yogurt. North American free-trade rules do not cover these ingredients, so they enter Canada duty-free. And in recent years, U.S. dairies have developed a booming business selling these low-cost products to dairies in Canada ($133-million last year). That all changed about a year ago, when Canadian dairy farmers and producers moved to close the breach in the tariff wall with a new "ingredients strategy." They persuaded regulators to create a new lower-priced class of industrial milk as an incentive to get dairies to produce protein substances in Canada, using Canadian milk. The result was predictable: U.S. imports fell in 2016, and are declining sharply so far this year.

What is ultrafiltered milk?

Milk is made up of three main components – milk fat, protein-rich solids and water. New technology has made it easier to separate milk into its component parts and concentrate them by reducing water content. This makes protein substances easier and cheaper to ship compared with raw milk. It also increases the efficiency of cheese production, particularly if the ingredients include cheaper U.S. milk.

Twisted Canuck
01-10-2019, 06:56 PM
We used to get fresh jersey milk delivered twice a week, straight from the cow. The inch of cream on top was great in coffee. I haven't drank milk in years now, and coffee black please. Don't miss it all all. Humans should wean themselves like other mammals.

Cheese and yogurt are good...

timbertom
01-10-2019, 07:49 PM
Hell, used to have fresh from the udder with breakfast when we were kids You mean fresh cows milk right.:sEm_oops2: sorry couldn't resist. Grew up on fresh cows milk ungraded eggs homemade bread. Made homemade bread for the grandkids and first thing they want is homemade bread toasted.:)