PDA

View Full Version : PAL waiting period Alberta

splake0
01-10-2019, 11:31 AM
Anyone getting their PAL within a couple months? My friend has been waiting since Sept 2018. They say it's at the ALberta office and has been for months. Why the long wait?

Dubious
01-10-2019, 11:50 AM
I submitted mid november and am still waiting. I have called and confirmed that I was not missing information and the forms where correctly filled out. There just super busy right now I guess.

elkhunter11
01-10-2019, 11:51 AM
Not all all unusual for an application to sit on the CFO's desk for months.

JWCalgary
01-10-2019, 12:19 PM
Calling them may be a good idea

Sent from my SM-G530W using Tapatalk

warriorboy10
01-10-2019, 12:24 PM
Call them for sure! Mine is a renewal and when asked I was told 2-3 weeks. �� see how that goes..

Jim
01-10-2019, 12:51 PM
You have to keep calling them to get them to do their job. All government employees are like that WCB, EI and CFO.

bobtodrick
01-10-2019, 01:52 PM
Sent my RPAL renewal in Nov 16. Had the new card in my hand Dec 9. If you've filled everything out correctly it shouldn't take more that a month at the most.

jstubbs
01-10-2019, 03:52 PM
Finally decided to get mine, submitted at the same time as my parents did in October '18.

My parents received their PALs in early December. I am still waiting on mine. We had the same references placed down, and we all took the PAL course together.

I've worked for the government--my guess is they separate applications based upon marital status (among other things, I'm sure). Would explain why your girlfriend and I haven't received ours yet, as I'm not married/nor divorced.

KGB
01-11-2019, 04:57 PM
I had mine replaced in November, non restricted. Took me 3 weeks to get the new one.

fishtank
01-11-2019, 06:18 PM
You have to do the renewal online, ..got it back less then 2 weeks

tullfan
01-11-2019, 06:46 PM
You have to do the renewal online, ..got it back less then 2 weeks

This. My wife just renewed hers, got it yesterday less than two weeks also.

Tullfan

bobtodrick
01-11-2019, 07:35 PM
I've worked for the government--my guess is they separate applications based upon marital status (among other things, I'm sure). Would explain why your girlfriend and I haven't received ours yet, as I'm not married/nor divorced.

I don't think so...I'm divorced, got mine in three weeks.

jbrow397
01-11-2019, 09:55 PM
Call every week. Be polite. Its not a customer service oriented organization. They need to be nudged on the regular if you want results.

jstubbs
01-19-2019, 01:12 PM
I don't think so...I'm divorced, got mine in three weeks.

I’d be shocked if that wasn’t how it worked. They may even sort divorcees into a separate pile also.

Or Maybe when you got your’s, they didn’t have many applications to process in that area.

My point was at the time his girlfriend and I applied for them, that they may have been really busy, either from being understaffed, or tons of applications, etc. Like I said, my married parents and I sent in our applications at the same time, with the same references, and mine took a month longer to be sent back. I have no criminal record or anything that would make the process take longer.

mattthegorby
01-19-2019, 01:29 PM
Mine took a couple months last year.

Call as all the others have said. They were actually quite nice to chat with when I did. Seems like good people with a never ending pile of work. Squeeky gear gets the grease and if there is a hiccup in your application you will wait a long time to be notified of this if you do not call. They actually encouraged me to check back every couple weeks.