PDA

View Full Version : Vacationing in NZL

TBark
01-10-2019, 11:08 PM
Been here with the wife for 3 days now with 10 days still left.
Hunting a bit in the back of my mind but not on the radar, but...
Doing the B&B to try and keep on budget and always staying in the country BB’s.
They last 2 hosts are avid hunters and telling me how easy it is just to go out and hunt here, no particular start or end to the seasons.
One fellow was heading out for boat and asked if I would like to come, o sadly declined due to our schedule to basically circle the South Island in 13 days.
One other host asked if I wanted to try for Thar, I look at the wife and I get that look, so again, sadly declined again.
The wife says maybe next time when I am either without herenir she has other activities planned.
So I say let’s at least visit the sporting goods stores and buy some reading g material.
Still a few days to talk her into graciously accepting one of theses kind invites.

TBark

Blastoff
01-11-2019, 05:56 AM
You need to have 3 months then you can hunt, fish and a few other things.

sns2
01-11-2019, 07:31 AM
Shoulda left her at home:)

JReed
01-11-2019, 07:46 AM
Isn't that the worst.......here's what I'd do. See if you can organize a day of fishing with one of the locals on the side. Then book the wife a day at the spa on the day you're going fishing. Problem solved

lmtada
01-11-2019, 08:07 AM
Oamaru New Zealand has excellent whiskey. Great salmon fishing in River. Stop by local sport shop (only one shop). The owner big into fly fishing.
When you visit west coast. Stop at Queensland. You will see large lineup, likely 2,3 blocks long. These people are all ordering the “fergburger”, it is top 5 burgers in world. I had a couple, yes they are good. :sHa_shakeshout:

https://youtu.be/iTqJhh9bY6M

Smoky buck
01-11-2019, 08:13 AM
Have you considered getting a divorce?

It sounds like it could be very beneficial to your vacation

omega50
01-11-2019, 08:13 AM
Get her absolutely hammered drunk tonight. Then try to wake her at 5am. When she can't get up-slip out for a half day hunt.

And then blame her for ruining your vacation.:sHa_shakeshout:

pa_of_6
01-11-2019, 08:21 AM
What is wrong with them women
Maybe what is wrong with men that allow women to tell them what they can and cannot do!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BigJon
01-11-2019, 08:26 AM
My wife went on a train trip through the southern Alps when I hunted. When it’s time to fish, she comes along. Naturally I let her catch bigger fish than me on those trips to keep her interest level up. Everybody wins.

Jason Bourne
01-11-2019, 08:37 AM
Oamaru New Zealand has excellent whiskey. Great salmon fishing in River. Stop by local sport shop (only one shop). The owner big into fly fishing.
When you visit west coast. Stop at Queensland. You will see large lineup, likely 2,3 blocks long. These people are all ordering the “fergburger”, it is top 5 burgers in world. I had a couple, yes they are good. :sHa_shakeshout:

https://youtu.be/iTqJhh9bY6M

Queenstown. Queensland is a state over in New Zealand's West Island:)

dodger
01-11-2019, 09:08 AM
The people in New Zealand are the best!

Dodger.

TBark
01-11-2019, 10:51 AM
Baby steps, ha

lmtada
01-11-2019, 01:36 PM
Queenstown. Queensland is a state over in New Zealand's West Island:)

Correct. My error.

Blastoff
01-11-2019, 02:28 PM
Baby steps, ha

Not really that’s just teasing you! Last Dec. I paid up to $2.30 per litre lowest was $1.90

southernman
01-11-2019, 08:08 PM
Enjoy your holiday, I've just got back 3rd Dec after six weeks holidays, was down south for ten days, but terrible weather cancelled my Thar trip.

got plenty of rabbits and sum good days fly fishing in.
buy a cheap spin fishing rod, and try catch a few KY, at the river mouths, early mornings and evenings, similar fight and size to a Coho Salmon, that appeal to your hunter gather inststics, Next time go alone.

wildwoods
01-11-2019, 09:03 PM
Lol baby steps. Nice Greg!
My bro in law used to do that when he wanted a jet boat....
He bought the boat. They are now divorced..........

Totally unrelated to the jet boat but what the heck lol....

Soab
01-12-2019, 11:41 AM
What is wrong with them women
Maybe what is wrong with men that allow women to tell them what they can and cannot do!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Exactly ! Been here since December 28 married the 10th of Jan. Been fishing 9 or 10 of those days. With still more to come lol