PDA

View Full Version : Eskimo Pistol Bit Question

bwackwabbit
01-10-2019, 11:13 PM
I've seen plenty of video on these units and even seen a few in action first hand. They look pretty quick and even match up well against my Eskimo HC-40 propane unit.

My only remaining question is this...

I normally drill a double 10" hole for the visibility when fishing. As these are only an 8" blade could a guy drill a double or triple hole with them to accomplish the same thing? Can they handle that?

Cheers,

Scott.

sns2
01-11-2019, 07:42 AM
I've seen plenty of video on these units and even seen a few in action first hand. They look pretty quick and even match up well against my Eskimo HC-40 propane unit.

My only remaining question is this...

I normally drill a double 10" hole for the visibility when fishing. As these are only an 8" blade could a guy drill a double or triple hole with them to accomplish the same thing? Can they handle that?

Cheers,

Scott.

I don't see why not. Doubt many guys on the forum have them. I lifted a box with one inside and it was light as a feather. Intriguing. It's just money. Buy it and report back:)

HuyFishin
01-11-2019, 08:44 AM
It's just money. Buy it and report back:)

I wish my wife said this......

RavYak
01-11-2019, 09:24 AM
I haven't used the pistol bit but have used the k-drill. 8 inch is already pushing it for a drill imo so I doubt you will see a 10 inch version.

I believe it is not recommended to drill holes side by side with those eskimo style blades but guys do it.

I would stick with the propane auger, drills are expensive and aren't going to last near as long.