PDA

View Full Version : Ice fishing near Pincher Creek?

molly
01-11-2019, 10:54 AM
We have some friends visiting and we are planning on going ice fishing...We know that there are a few small lakes nearby such as Butcher Lake and Bathing Lake. Also, Lee Lake. I have read that Beauvais Lake has muddy trout and lots of suckers...is that true? If anyone has been on any of these, what do you use for bait? With all this warm weather, not sure of the ice conditions but vehicles are not allowed on any of these anyway, I think.

Thanks!! :)

Scott N
01-11-2019, 11:33 AM
I'd go to Beaver Mines. Rig up a pickeral rig with some power bait, marshmallows, shrimp, etc., and you should be good to go.

pinelakeperch
01-11-2019, 01:47 PM
Anyone know what the ice is like at Beaver Mines or Butcher?

Put worms or shrimp under a bobber or on a jig and you shouldn't have much of a problem.

Scott N
01-11-2019, 02:02 PM
Anyone know what the ice is like at Beaver Mines or Butcher?

Put worms or shrimp under a bobber or on a jig and you shouldn't have much of a problem.

Last Saturday the ice at Beaver Mines was about 10".

hacman
01-11-2019, 02:09 PM
Solid, 8-10 inches at Beaver Mines last weekend. Windy as hell so didn't set up the tent, although a couple groups were able to anchor theirs down. Bite was light, shrimp under a slip bobber. Took 2 - 12 inchers home, one was full of corn, the other full of bugs and minnows. GL.

pinelakeperch
01-12-2019, 05:28 PM
Anyone fish the Pincher area in the last few days? I was thinking of going to Butcher tomorrow, but we’ve had some pretty warm temps the last few days.

hacman
01-12-2019, 05:44 PM
Really nice at BM today. Windy driving out but got to the lake and it was just a slight breeze. The bit of snow that was on last weekend melted and it was super slick, as was the road in. Solid 10 inches of clear ice.

butcherboy
01-12-2019, 06:28 PM
How was the fishing today at BM? Going there tomorrow morning for the 1st time and curious how it was.

hacman
01-12-2019, 09:54 PM
How was the fishing today at BM? Going there tomorrow morning for the 1st time and curious how it was.

Slow for me but I was lazy and didn't move around. Some fish caught all around be others. Bring ice cleats!

Gillfisher
01-14-2019, 06:59 AM
We fished Beaver Mines Sat Dec 5th we had a few on & caught 1. 11" of ice saw quiet a few fish on the aqua view.