PDA

View Full Version : DisneyWorld Vacation

bigbuck
01-12-2019, 09:16 AM
My wife and I are thinking about booking a trip to Disney world for early 2020. We aren’t well travelled, between the different passes, Parks, where to stay etc
It seems overwhelming lol. Anyone that has been and has some tips or suggestions? We would like to try and set a realistic budget but I don’t see this costing less than $6000CDN all in. Or am I out to lunch?

Thanks guys

Jamie
01-12-2019, 09:27 AM
Just you and the wife? No kids?
And Disney World, Not Disney land?

bigbuck
01-12-2019, 09:55 AM
Just you and the wife? No kids?
And Disney World, Not Disney land?

Yes sir!

huntinstuff
01-12-2019, 09:58 AM
If you are budgeting for it, think $1100 per day per person. That includes flight and hotel and food and passes.

I took 6 including me last trip. 14 days cost me $16,000

Buena Vista suites. Shuttle to Disney.

If kids are small 10 and under, Epcot might be a wasted day. The rest of the parks will amuse them. The water parks are fantastic.

Always shuttle from your hotel. They say “only 1.3 miles to Disneyworld” but believe me you will regret that walk with kids. Big time

thing
01-12-2019, 01:34 PM
It should be easy to figure out relative costs.

Flight: I would bank on $1000-$1200 return for the both of you. Anything less than a $1000 (taxes in etc, would be a deal) Obviously flying into Orlando is ideal but check flights into Ft Lauderdale and Miami..even Tampa. Prices can fluctuate between the different cities.

Car: Easy to determine cost based on length of stay. Car rental in the US is much cheaper than here. Lets say $500.

Accommodation: This is where the cost can be all over the place but its still easy to gauge. Either hotel or a VRBO condo rental. I don't know what your plans are but splurging on a nice hotel sounds appealing there is a LOT to do and most days you're up in the morning and don't get back til late....dead tired. So keep that in mind. I'd say $250 Cdn per night is not low nor high.

Spending money: This is where our awesome dollar kicks you right in the balls. I don't know you or how you like to holiday but lets say $225 USD per day (mostly food, obvious other little expenses)

Parks: Really easy to figure out costs (fixed price) but obviously depends on how many you are going to visit. Sounds like you've never been before, I'd recommend all 4 of the main parks (Magic Kingdom, Hollywood studios, Animal Kingdom and Epcot) Then there are all the other parks..2 Universal, and water park. Busch gardens in Tampa is neat too, something to consider.

So if you guys are spending 10 days. $1200 flight+ $500 car + $2500 accommodation + $3000 spending money + 4 door park pass is $316 USD x2 ($800 CDN)

So that is $8000 even! Now flights, car and parks are fixed...there can be money saved on spending money and accommodation.

I've been to Florida many times, the best parts aren't the theme parks but the all the other stuff. Fell free to ask.

250mark1
01-12-2019, 07:37 PM
We went a few years ago and it cost us 6500 cdn for 2 weeks ( exchange was much better then )
Rented a town home in Kissimmee for Aprox 1200 for both weeks
Flights for 3 people was 1600.00 ( one stop each way bought way in advance) car rental was super cheap 350 for the 2 weeks.
We used air miles for 7 day Disney land passes so they were free to
We ate out only evry couple nights and packed lunch when going to Disney.
Most expensive thing i did was the Daytona 500 and Richard petty driviing experience at Daytona

omega50
01-12-2019, 07:45 PM
Stayed at one of the Buena Vista hotels that has a free water taxi shuttle right to the Marketplace.

Was awesome getting to the gate in a canal-super low stress.

Think it was the Palace