PDA

View Full Version : Missing Women in Saskatchewan, Alberta this week

Ken07AOVette
01-12-2019, 11:03 AM
Nobody is sure what is going on, there have been afaik no leads but in the last week I have seen 5-6 young women go missing in Saskatchewan plus 1 near the Devon bridge. Ages ranging from 13-34. The common theme is broke down or stuck, the vehicle is found in several but the person is missing.
They are missing from Maidstone, Waseca, Yorkton, surrounding areas.
I had started this thread earlier but decided against it, until my Daughter just informed me that the latest one, Amanda Michayluk's body has been found in a field by a drone flying over near Maidstone. The story is that she possibly was walking back after cutting wood with her Dad and the vehicle got stuck. She left the site at noon, but her mother did not call the RCMP and report her as missing until nearly Midnight.
This terrifies me, my daughter called me 2 days ago stuck in a ditch, in Wilkie.
Anyone with facebook has likely seen the threads.
For the first time in my life I told her it may be time for us to have handguns, my tiny little 125lb daughter would not have much chance against an attacker with 2 tiny kids in the car.
Her answer was that Handguns in Canada would 'create a lot more issues than it would solve unfortunately'. I have to agree.
Weather 'may' be to blame, but I am thinking likely more nefarious reasons will be found.
:(

Twisted Canuck
01-12-2019, 11:56 AM
I'm not big on my daughters having a handgun, but I got my girl in Minnesota a wicked stun gun and pepper spray to carry....because it's legal there, Amazon delivers, and she has creepy 'admirers' because of her work there. It's insane that a woman can't carry that in Canada to protect herself.

Davey Boy
01-12-2019, 12:00 PM
I think that i'd rather see my daughters carry the pepper spray and stun gun and then face the consequences after the fact. As to the other options that may happen to them.

obsessed1
01-12-2019, 12:14 PM
I would have no issue with legal firearms carry. Man or woman no difference...proper training and regular practice. There are some crazy good woman pistol/ hand gun shooters out there.
As to these recent disappearances we are living in some seriously sketchy times. Take proper precautions for your loved ones.

CaberTosser
01-12-2019, 12:18 PM
The only people that having handguns would be a public safety issue for would be the people who would never be granted licenses for them. Ironically they’re already armed and are currently responsible for the majority of firearms related murders, ironic no? It’s not the Wild West where this is allowed in the USA, to portray it otherwise is flying in the face of all evidence to the contrary, specifically when it comes to people licensed for CCW and not ‘gun crime’ as a whole.

I’d think it would be great if appropriately screened and properly trained Canadians would be allowed CCW and/or defensive things such as pepper sprays and such. The druggies and weirdos that seem to have become more prevalent under our current government are only going to get worse unless drastic measures are undertaken. I’ve sure seen more vacant-eyed beggars at intersections and wildly erratic junkies doing their thing in recent years than ever before.

bat119
01-12-2019, 12:39 PM
I think that i'd rather see my daughters carry the pepper spray and stun gun and then face the consequences after the fact. As to the other options that may happen to them.

This^^^^

A small canister of pepper spray or a stun gun would be easier to carry than a handgun.
Go to a swap meet in the US they have phones, lipstick, flashlights, key chains just about anything disguised for stun guns and pepper spray

223MB
01-12-2019, 12:52 PM
Gona make my wife keep a can of bear spray in her car from now on.

sns2
01-12-2019, 12:53 PM
Bear spray. No one can rape you with that in their eyes and lungs.

223MB
01-12-2019, 12:58 PM

As a kid I remember pulling the trigger in our basement, even with all
The windows open and fans on it took 2 days before my dad could even tolerate walking down there.
Did I ever get an ass whooping!

elkhunter11
01-12-2019, 01:00 PM

The problem is that the cans are fairly large, so not handy to carry, and the wind has to be in your favor to use them on an attacker, without getting the spray in your own eyes. And if used in a vehicle, everyone in the vehicle will suffer the effects.

kingrat
01-12-2019, 01:17 PM
Maidstone one was found deceased in a field, foul play not suspected. 34 years old

dgrimard
01-12-2019, 01:23 PM
I have seen them in Canada and small, goes on key chain for dogs and other stuff not sure how good but an option.

Ken07AOVette
01-12-2019, 02:33 PM
Maidstone one was found deceased in a field, foul play not suspected. 34 years old

Amanda Michayluk

as noted above

223MB
01-12-2019, 03:23 PM
The problem is that the cans are fairly large, so not handy to carry, and the wind has to be in your favor to use them on an attacker, without getting the spray in your own eyes. And if used in a vehicle, everyone in the vehicle will suffer the effects.

Would rather my wife deal with he aftermath of getting some bear spray in her face then being killed and left in a ditch somewhere. It’s definitely better than nothing.

Ranets
01-12-2019, 05:57 PM
The only people that having handguns would be a public safety issue for would be the people who would never be granted licenses for them. Ironically they’re already armed and are currently responsible for the majority of firearms related murders, ironic no? It’s not the Wild West where this is allowed in the USA, to portray it otherwise is flying in the face of all evidence to the contrary, specifically when it comes to people licensed for CCW and not ‘gun crime’ as a whole.

I’d think it would be great if appropriately screened and properly trained Canadians would be allowed CCW and/or defensive things such as pepper sprays and such. The druggies and weirdos that seem to have become more prevalent under our current government are only going to get worse unless drastic measures are undertaken. I’ve sure seen more vacant-eyed beggars at intersections and wildly erratic junkies doing their thing in recent years than ever before.

There you go using common sense again Caber. Nice to see some people still have it

Red Bullets
01-12-2019, 06:00 PM
Without commenting on personal defenses I think with all the crime and missing women we need to engage our military to do a sweep. We have enough military stationed in Alberta and Saskatchewan already to be pretty efficient. Any decent citizen wouldn't mind getting checked on the roads and in their neighborhoods & homes. Wouldn't take long to maybe find some of these missing women. At the same time clean up the provinces of some of these criminals plaguing the west. It would give our troops a chance to use their training without much if any enemy fire. People would have to comply with the sweep for the betterment of the communities and provinces. A one time military sweep is not the same as a police state so please don't think I mean we need a police state. Everyone could feel a little more secure again and sleep a little better.

And if I had my way (my rant) ... all these gypsy crooks, kidnappers and killers the military capture... house them in 100 acre concentration style camps. Not a jail with benefits of the comforts. A plywood tent city on dirt... high fenced and surrounded by a deep moat. 20 acres for potatoes and 10 acres for pigs so they can feed themselves. Have a courthouse right on site too. Send any out of province criminals back to their province or country of origin for federal sentencing. Deal with the rest accordingly.

My prayers and hope are with all the missing women, presently and past.

huntinstuff
01-12-2019, 06:08 PM
My partner would go out of her way to bait a creep in, then slash his jugular with her CRKT after she OC sprayed him

Chick is totally sick

Grizzly Adams
01-12-2019, 06:16 PM
It's not just women, apparently there's a guy missing in the Grande Cache area. Similar story, they found his vehicle stuck on a back road , no sign of him.

Grizz

huntinstuff
01-12-2019, 06:19 PM
It's not just women, apparently there's a guy missing in the Grande Cache area. Similar story, they found his vehicle stuck on a back road , no sign of him.

Grizz

My other partner would go out of his way to bait a creep in, then slash his jugular with his CRKT after he OC sprayed him

Dude is totally sick

troutbug
01-12-2019, 06:22 PM

Grizz

That guy is a pretty notorious car thief in the area and the very first posting from a family member was about him maybe running from the trouble hes in.

Red Bullets
01-12-2019, 10:42 PM
This short was posted on facebook today and it is worth looking at. Presently there are 40 people missing in Alberta. A few very recent.

https://www.facebook.com/AlbertaMISSING/videos/295489591315974/?hc_ref=ARTXzhf8E7GjTovPN5iHvPdxp4z4QQlwT9On-G19ETyZdw-nB31s1IXA3J933h7zyEA&__xts__[0]=68.ARBoCUTzF4o36bB8hG9t8EWD9FSaWCwJWtA_zuEFpPQK8Y H61vdNxvYI18wu_-8RRjymB8-pmrOMeKFa7Rck2FUH9h2C_P9RWfUYYCE9ZifPZAh_mgMUvBNc5 PmtjO6R8xqTk2SaqnzufWnNiOeIWtNMfDHh1yG4RWlxAr6T4QJ dhhXb3QbznM6G9lEjhXdsgMeca9E2Xc-e5DyOFFZAAh5T0wiyfeTNxFPjrkp0g-NzwlSMfaWjT-NziymV0GYimfyPrWrquLnH5MenW6UK83p6x4EmHYscibmE_EF5 FfE-VpTFat4N_NFc26zX_14xLb4yzm1z5Pga14JDWXvmGBMG4xZSfR gq_jS0aIKwqKJF8am5u9IvnMfyhDh8w0tClparlBM&__tn__=FC-R

CaberTosser
01-12-2019, 10:55 PM
That guy is a pretty notorious car thief in the area and the very first posting from a family member was about him maybe running from the trouble hes in.

Haven't heard the story from either side but that sounds like all manner of possibilities could be at play. Notorious criminal meets someone who really does not like being stolen from and owns an excavator?

Tried to double-cross whomever he was selling the stolen vehicles to? Bad incident with his drug dealer and left forever, be it under his own steam or in a few garbage bags like at a Saudi Embassy?

troutbug
01-12-2019, 11:43 PM
Haven't heard the story from either side but that sounds like all manner of possibilities could be at play. Notorious criminal meets someone who really does not like being stolen from and owns an excavator?

Tried to double-cross whomever he was selling the stolen vehicles to? Bad incident with his drug dealer and left forever, be it under his own steam or in a few garbage bags like at a Saudi Embassy?

After reading the comments from the locals anything is possible on that front lol

Grizzly Adams
01-13-2019, 09:32 AM

You wouldn't dare say that if it was a woman. :D

Grizz

bat119
01-13-2019, 09:58 AM
There was a missing person story with a happy ending

Rescuer of 11-year-old found facedown in snow was in the 'right place at the right time'
An 11-year-old girl had been at home sick, and wandered away from the house while her mother was away, some time between 3 p.m. and 5 p.m.. The mother had seen tracks heading west from the house, but couldn't find her daughter nearby.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/saskatchewan/rescue-volunteer-firefighter-bankend-girl-1.4976287

buckbrush
01-13-2019, 10:01 AM
There was a missing person story with a happy ending

Rescuer of 11-year-old found facedown in snow was in the 'right place at the right time'
An 11-year-old girl had been at home sick, and wandered away from the house while her mother was away, some time between 3 p.m. and 5 p.m.. The mother had seen tracks heading west from the house, but couldn't find her daughter nearby.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/saskatchewan/rescue-volunteer-firefighter-bankend-girl-1.4976287

Amazing, small window of time from collapsing face down in the snow to never getting up again. Great ending to a tragic story.

Red Bullets
01-24-2019, 05:30 PM
Another 31 yr old woman is missing from the Calmar area. I know her folks and can't imagine the heartache.

https://www.facebook.com/LeducRep/photos/a.269167846493219/2006009832809003/?type=3&theater

Grizzly Adams
01-24-2019, 05:48 PM
Amazing, small window of time from collapsing face down in the snow to never getting up again. Great ending to a tragic story.

Tree wells claim skiers once in a while. If nobody sees you, could be a while before they find you.

https://mpora.com/snowboarding/tree-well-survival-guide#vhrDdUgOH1rXbMEY.97

Grizz

grouse_hunter
01-24-2019, 06:01 PM
I'm not big on my daughters having a handgun, but I got my girl in Minnesota a wicked stun gun and pepper spray to carry...

I find it quite bizarre that conducted electrical weapons are illegal in Canada. I think that they are a much better alternative to a lethal weapon. Oh well, the swine do not want for you to have any way to defend yourself in order to justify their own salaries.

Husty
01-25-2019, 07:32 AM
Without commenting on personal defenses I think with all the crime and missing women we need to engage our military to do a sweep. We have enough military stationed in Alberta and Saskatchewan already to be pretty efficient. Any decent citizen wouldn't mind getting checked on the roads and in their neighborhoods & homes. Wouldn't take long to maybe find some of these missing women. At the same time clean up the provinces of some of these criminals plaguing the west. It would give our troops a chance to use their training without much if any enemy fire. People would have to comply with the sweep for the betterment of the communities and provinces. A one time military sweep is not the same as a police state so please don't think I mean we need a police state. Everyone could feel a little more secure again and sleep a little better.

And if I had my way (my rant) ... all these gypsy crooks, kidnappers and killers the military capture... house them in 100 acre concentration style camps. Not a jail with benefits of the comforts. A plywood tent city on dirt... high fenced and surrounded by a deep moat. 20 acres for potatoes and 10 acres for pigs so they can feed themselves. Have a courthouse right on site too. Send any out of province criminals back to their province or country of origin for federal sentencing. Deal with the rest accordingly.

My prayers and hope are with all the missing women, presently and past.

Thank god not everyone has such low value on personal privacy and autonomy such as yourself. If your okay with military sweeps, concentration camps, and imprisonment to anyone the military deems a 'degenerate' you could always build a time machine to go back to 1930s-1944 Germany.

Ken07AOVette
01-25-2019, 07:44 AM
Thank god not everyone has such low value on personal privacy and autonomy such as yourself. If your okay with military sweeps, concentration camps, and imprisonment to anyone the military deems a 'degenerate' you could always build a time machine to go back to 1930s-1944 Germany.

I cant even come up.with a rational reply to this.

The train just hit a submarine.

Husty
01-25-2019, 07:56 AM
I cant even come up.with a rational reply to this.

The train just hit a submarine.

That was sort of the point you know.. pointing out how out there the other dudes comment was.

CaberTosser
01-25-2019, 08:10 AM
Some nations have superior ways of dealing with their more heinous criminals, I don’t in the least consider Canada superior in terms of the way we deal with drug dealers, rapists, murderers and such. Our gov’t and courts send these people right back out to create more victims, that should not be. A piece of rope is reusable and gravity is free, the solution to their recidivism is pretty cheap.

The Cook
01-25-2019, 12:01 PM
I find it quite bizarre that conducted electrical weapons are illegal in Canada. I think that they are a much better alternative to a lethal weapon. Oh well, the swine do not want for you to have any way to defend yourself in order to justify their own salaries.

You can legally purchase a "Stun Baton", "Stun Cane " and a "Stun Hiking Pole" at
canadaammo.com.

Sooner
01-25-2019, 12:50 PM
That's a bunch of missing people. You have to wonder how that many go missing and the reasons why. Can't all be abducted but scary if most were. Hope it turns out well for the girls and the families.

I would buy my 18 yr old daughter anything she wanted if she could keep it on her person and use it when needed to stop a thug in his tracks.

grouse_hunter
01-25-2019, 07:12 PM
You can legally purchase a "Stun Baton", "Stun Cane " and a "Stun Hiking Pole" at
canadaammo.com.

I think that a device capable of firing electrodes is much more suited for self defense. The cartridges are one time use and are CO2 powered.

Fish along
01-26-2019, 12:19 PM
Some nations have superior ways of dealing with their more heinous criminals, I don’t in the least consider Canada superior in terms of the way we deal with drug dealers, rapists, murderers and such. Our gov’t and courts send these people right back out to create more victims, that should not be. A piece of rope is reusable and gravity is free, the solution to their recidivism is pretty cheap.

A piece of rope reusable, and gravity free,I like the way you think. So sad that so many girls go missing,,we need special laws for convicted vermin.

Ken07AOVette
01-26-2019, 01:08 PM
Every day on facebook there are RCMP reports of another missing girl or woman or 5 of them. I just can't understand what is going on. Serial killers in Alberta?

Fish along
01-26-2019, 01:54 PM
Every day on facebook there are RCMP reports of another missing girl or woman or 5 of them. I just can't understand what is going on. Serial killers in Alberta?

There has always been serial killers in Canada, you than bet there are still some around.

bat119
01-26-2019, 02:17 PM
A lot of people go missing that nobody hears about a quick google I found 1169 adults on the missing list. A lot of cases of murder or alien abduction

https://www.services.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/missing-disparus/results-resultats.jsf?q=MPA&lang=en

JD848
01-26-2019, 03:32 PM
I don't hear about it on the news and believe what is being told,or am I looking at the wrong news channels.

If my wife or child was scared to go out because of some creep and found there life in danger a good flare gun in the guys guts or nuts will fry em crispy.

Very bad thing to ever want to do,but it's there funeral or hospital trip or your family member.

You only get one shot ,but at 2 feet you can't miss and you may be in trouble with the law,but it's better than being dead or raped multiple times.

IR_mike
01-26-2019, 03:47 PM
A lot of people go missing that nobody hears about a quick google I found 1169 adults on the missing list. A lot of cases of murder or alien abduction

https://www.services.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/missing-disparus/results-resultats.jsf?q=MPA&lang=en

Sadly enough I went to school with Anthony Janvier off that list.

Hope he is alive and OK.