PDA

View Full Version : wab. report

lakerman
01-12-2019, 06:59 PM
50+tents out everyone about the same depth, me all by myself and really shallow (4ft) actually by accident as it was dark when setting up and well sometimes the fish Gods look out for you, it was on fire, with action all day, saw a dozen cruising whites or so, handful of walleye and pike hammer handles galore up to 5 of the wolves on the screen at a time, when the minnows didn't produce I went micro jigs half way down and it was go time! Seemed the deeper guys I talked to were seeing fish but they wouldn't commit.

Etownpaul
01-13-2019, 08:58 AM
I was one of those deeper guys and it was brutal fishing. Very few fish sightings and like you said no commitment. Good to know the fish didn’t just pack up and leave lol. I started at 8 FOW and kept going deeper until we hit 16 FOW. Looks like I was going the wrong way!

Congrats on a good day of fishing, I’ll try the shallows next weekend.

DaveS
01-13-2019, 06:32 PM
Were you guys at Wabamun townsite? We were there Saturday, 10 ft of water, a little to the left from the launch. Was really slow, 4 people fishing and only 4 small walleye caught. Only saw a few whitefish and a walleye on the aqua vu. Zero pike.

MooseRiverTrapper
01-13-2019, 06:40 PM
Sure sounds like a good fishery got messed up with walleye!

Ziggs
01-14-2019, 08:25 AM
We were fishing in 12 Ft of water at the drops and had a slow day as well. A 5 LB pike, one Walleye and a nice Burb was all we caught in 5 hours. Not as many Whitefish as we are used to seeing either. Maybe going shallow might be the answer this weekend...