PDA

View Full Version : Costco food

abenaki-warrior
01-13-2019, 05:39 PM
What's your favorite meal from them?

Mine is the 44th street slow braised beef pot roast in rich gravy.

Grizzly Adams
01-13-2019, 06:02 PM
Free samples. :D

Grizz

fishtank
01-13-2019, 06:13 PM
Free samples. :D

Grizz

:sHa_shakeshout:
I just go for the $1.50 hotdog and pop.

fordtruckin
01-13-2019, 06:33 PM
Used to love the pizza... then I got food poisoning from one and haven’t had a pizza from them for coming up on 2 years!

Ken07AOVette
01-13-2019, 06:44 PM
Christmas time only -sticky toffee pudding.

Prairiewolf
01-13-2019, 06:49 PM
Been awhile, but I used to like the chicken tenders and fries.

CaberTosser
01-13-2019, 07:01 PM
They sell a wild rice blend from Lundberg that I quite like, and I'm not fond of many types of rice aside from white varieties.

Grizzly Adams
01-13-2019, 08:30 PM
Christmas time only -sticky toffee pudding.

My daughter in Law got the whole family addicted. Christmas only , you say ? Damn. Picked up a case of instant vietnames Pho there last time, Excellent. Less than 12 bucks to fill a propane bottle, I'm hooked.

Grizz

Hunt4Ever
01-13-2019, 08:38 PM
We call it the $400.00 store

Etownpaul
01-13-2019, 08:40 PM
In the summer they usually have pre marinaded Korean cut beef short ribs in the fresh meat section. I think it’s a mango habanero marinade, but it’s not very spicy. The wife and I can polish off a package of those in 2 days. I’ll eat them 3 times a day until they are gone. And I wonder why I get gout lol.

kevinhits
01-13-2019, 08:49 PM
Seafood mix in the butterfly salmon....I think they changed the recipe while back on not as good.....:)

cghunter
01-13-2019, 08:51 PM
The whole family really enjoys the meat pies.

Greatwest
01-13-2019, 08:54 PM

$400 store. Which Costco are u going to they must have smaller carts because my wife can cram $600 worth into our cart at Costco. Lol. Costco has pretty good spring rolls in the frozen food section. Also their fruit & veggie selection is unreal and it seems to stay fresh longer then the fruits and veggies from other stores like Sobey’s or Safeway or Co-op.

Iskra
01-13-2019, 09:41 PM
$400 store. Which Costco are u going to they must have smaller carts because my wife can cram $600 worth into our cart at Costco. Lol. Costco has pretty good spring rolls in the frozen food section. Also their fruit & veggie selection is unreal and it seems to stay fresh longer then the fruits and veggies from other stores like Sobey’s or Safeway or Co-op.

We have stooped to buy theirs fruits and veggies a while ago. they go dry but not rotten. There must be reason behind it.

GeoTrekr
01-13-2019, 09:43 PM
There's a pre-spiced beef loin in the fresh meat section that has been excellent every time I've had it.

So many products they make in store are great - there was a spinach salad they made for a while that I miss, but the quinoa is also very tasty. Really can't go wrong with any of the premade meals.

Current favourites include the packaged and sauced beef ribs, pork ribs, and the bacon wrapped steaks.

For snacking, the fresh Penny's salsa and Kirkland tortilla chips are great.

Just about every meal I make/eat involves a Costco product. I go to the other stores only for when the quantity at Costco is excessive for me, or for the items they don't carry, mostly certain types of produce, or items where I like a bit more variety, like pickles or pasta sauce.

kevinhits
01-13-2019, 09:49 PM
There's a pre-spiced beef loin in the fresh meat section that has been excellent every time I've had it.

So many products they make in store are great - there was a spinach salad they made for a while that I miss, but the quinoa is also very tasty. Really can't go wrong with any of the premade meals.

Current favourites include the packaged and sauced beef ribs, pork ribs, and the bacon wrapped steaks.

For snacking, the fresh Penny's salsa and Kirkland tortilla chips are great.

Just about every meal I make/eat involves a Costco product. I go to the other stores only for when the quantity at Costco is excessive for me, or for the items they don't carry, mostly certain types of produce, or items where I like a bit more variety, like pickles or pasta sauce.

Costco has the best beef....

crazy_davey
01-13-2019, 09:51 PM
Seafood mix in the butterfly salmon....I think they changed the recipe while back on not as good.....:)

That sucks too hear they changed it! Used to be cook, throw away the salmon and eat the stuffing! :)

Kidding, sort of...

Unregistered user
01-13-2019, 10:09 PM
Chimmies!

Ken07AOVette
01-13-2019, 10:15 PM
My daughter in Law got the whole family addicted. Christmas only , you say ? Damn. Picked up a case of instant vietnames Pho there last time, Excellent. Less than 12 bucks to fill a propane bottle, I'm hooked.

Grizz

I generally take 1 every time I go to Rupert fishing. Nobody has ever said anything bad about them :)

https://i.postimg.cc/T1r2B48L/costco1.jpg (https://postimages.org/)

Ken07AOVette
01-13-2019, 10:19 PM
What's your favorite meal from them?

Mine is the 44th street slow braised beef pot roast in rich gravy.

Also a great meal to take to Rupert, love it.

https://i.postimg.cc/dQd07L7s/costco-2.jpg (https://postimages.org/)

Justfishin73
01-14-2019, 05:30 AM
We have stooped to buy theirs fruits and veggies a while ago. they go dry but not rotten. There must be reason behind it.

Us too, veggies are usually ok, fruit not so much

abenaki-warrior
01-14-2019, 06:15 AM

Right on! We go once or twice a year. The last 4 years always had to renew the membership

nast70
01-14-2019, 08:32 AM
Be fore our diets, we were big on the 2 pk frozen lasagna. Anything from 44st brand has been very good, ribs, the pot roast mentioned and there was a third item I can't remember from them.
Cant go wrong with the meats. Buy bulk then portion and vac-pac.
We curbed our spending there using 2 of their collapsible crates. When they are full, we are done. And you have something to carry your goodies inside with! :sHa_shakeshout:

Grizzly Adams
01-14-2019, 08:42 AM

Not a Vegan, but those Spring rolls are good and you don't have to fry them. Frozen lasagna and Shepherd's pie, run a knife through them when you get home and easy to portion when you're ready to bake.

Grizz

skain11
01-14-2019, 09:37 AM
Costco cashier : Did you find everything you were looking for?
Me : I wasn't looking for any of this stuff

alex8486
01-14-2019, 11:15 AM
Atlantic salmon

ghostguy6
01-14-2019, 11:44 AM
I find as soon as I find something I really like they discontinue it. Especially in the deli department. I have an amazing jerky recipe based off the pineapple habanero sauce they used to carry but cant make it any more. Apple muffins are gone, I think the crescents are gone now too. They changed the recipes for the cookies ( not as soft) and the shepherds pie( less cheese and different spices).

kevinhits
01-14-2019, 01:23 PM
That sucks too hear they changed it! Used to be cook, throw away the salmon and eat the stuffing! :)

Kidding, sort of...

LOL...I think they did. I was hoping they sold the seafood mix seperately as would be cheaper:)

Hiwa
01-14-2019, 07:00 PM
rib eyes and salmon

Their pizza at the take out is worse than Delissios
Dig the buck-fifty hot dog :tongue0017:
Poutine aint bad either

ronkaren
01-14-2019, 07:43 PM
:sHa_shakeshout:
I just go for the $1.50 hotdog and pop.

that's the best anywhere.

kevinhits
01-14-2019, 07:59 PM
that's the best anywhere.

It is the best for the price, but worst heartburn ever:sHa_sarcasticlol:

123dave
01-14-2019, 11:17 PM
Agree!

NKP
01-15-2019, 01:11 AM

I don’t recall seeing Costco spritz their produce with a mist shower every 5 minutes.

ReconWilly
01-15-2019, 06:37 AM
Does anyone know if Costco carries this stuff?

Grizzly Adams
01-15-2019, 09:18 AM

It's called GMO. :lol:

Grizz

Iskra
01-15-2019, 09:49 AM
I don’t recall seeing Costco spritz their produce with a mist shower every 5 minutes.

They do not have to. Other stores shower theirs produce to keep it fresh, Costco's somehow looks fresh without water.

Unregistered user
01-15-2019, 02:07 PM
It's bagged.

Redfrog
01-15-2019, 05:50 PM
Costco produce and meats are fresher because of the quick turnover.
Our local Iga has produce sit there for a week or more.

pikergolf
01-15-2019, 05:54 PM
It is the best for the price, but worst heartburn ever:sHa_sarcasticlol:

Try the polish dog, I burp that up for hours. :scared:

MountainTi
01-15-2019, 06:04 PM
I generally take 1 every time I go to Rupert fishing. Nobody has ever said anything bad about them :)

https://i.postimg.cc/T1r2B48L/costco1.jpg (https://postimages.org/)

Just saw those in the grocery store in Caroline of all places. Little more money there though

wildbill
01-15-2019, 10:26 PM
Buddy at checkout today says to me “did you find what you were looking for?” I says “ya and a bunch of crap I wasn’t lookin for too”
Croissants, mussels, oysters, Balderson smoked cheddar, we buy quite a bit,you can save a lot of money iffin yer smart about it, it’s all about look at the last two digits in the price, the wife got 4 or 5 pairs of sketchers memory foam shoes for 10$ a pop, and ya them dirty’ol’polish dirtdawgs are pretty lethal.

SuperCub
01-16-2019, 03:12 AM
Used to love the pizza... then I got food poisoning from one and haven’t had a pizza from them for coming up on 2 years!
I worked in the food business for 24 yrs as a meatcutter. It was always amazing when folks got sick and blamed it on food poisoning and they always knew exactly where it came from, never once considering that they might have got it from someone else or a germy door knob.

ORV
01-16-2019, 09:12 AM
LOVE that stuff

vacumn sealed & frozen into balls of goodness. lol

doesn't look like a lot until you thaw it out.

good price for what you get i.m.o.

Orv