PDA

View Full Version : How to Finish a Concrete Riser?

Angler
01-14-2019, 06:48 PM
Good Evening guys and gals!

Just wanna share with you another video I made which is concrete work related.
Maybe some of you will find it useful, especially if you plan on doing some concrete work yourself, you'll find some tips on how to finish a riser, so it looks nice, and don't need to be parged later.

https://bit.ly/2RvjW1q

Let me know what you guys think!

Thanks for watching!!!

C2C3PO
01-14-2019, 07:02 PM
Thanks for posting that !
I am always amazed at how someone with some experience and skill can make something look so easy.
I appreciate you sharing that !

Drewski Canuck
01-14-2019, 07:09 PM
What is the length of time you have to wait for the green cure to be hard enough that you can pull the form off

ronkaren
01-14-2019, 07:40 PM
test the exposed concrete with a broom. too big a mess, re trowel it.
should maybe also noted, that the hand trowel is a hand float.

Fish along
01-14-2019, 07:45 PM
Nice work

Angler
01-14-2019, 08:46 PM
What is the length of time you have to wait for the green cure to be hard enough that you can pull the form off

The time is different always. There is no common formula for that. Depends on the mix, on the base( will go quicker if it's sand), on the weather of course. Warmer it is outside - faster it cures.
When it stops being watery and shiny(stops bleeding), touch it, if it’s hard to push the rocks down, you can start stripping and keep an eye on concrete, when you slide the board up, if it starts sagging than too early. Put it back and wait 10 min.
If not sure, wait longer and finish it with wooden or rubber float if it gets too hard on you, but after wooden float need to finish with steel trowel in order to get a nice broom.
Good luck!