PDA

View Full Version : More Jigging JawJacker action Vs Dad

Brandonkop
01-15-2019, 07:13 PM
Ice fishing with my Dad and put out the Jigging JawJacker to try first thing in AM. Caught a bunch of brook trout and rainbow trout with the device before I was even set up to fish. Some decent fish, but nothing huge on this particular day. My Dad was enjoying using the Rapala Slab Rap in perch color. The fish really seem to attack this pattern when they are aggressive.

I usually use tungsten jigs with my JawJacker and on our jigging rods I typically use spoons. If the fish are not aggressive I downsize and slow the presentation down.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g0Eb4afhFOs

f2eight
01-16-2019, 04:52 PM
Well done - thanks for posting. Are you getting more than a days use on new batteries in the Jawjacker? Sorry, don't know if that was mentioned in the JJ thread from a while ago.

I might have to make a trip to Kamloops some weekend soon. Can't wait to go back in May.

pope
01-16-2019, 06:15 PM
I have got 3 six hour days on my jigging JJ with one set of batteries in mildish weather, and still has some life. Nice video

Brandonkop
01-16-2019, 06:40 PM
I am still on the same set of Duracel batteries as when I started. 5 half to full days of fishing at least in weather usually around the -10C and warmer. So pretty decent life I would say. It's not like you are changing them every trip. I wasn't using them in the extreme cold last week since the holes were freezing solid in minutes anyways. The week before I was using them.

f2eight
01-17-2019, 10:04 AM
Thanks guys. I was going to wait until next season to buy the lithium ion/rechargeable version of the jigging base, which is almost certain to be released, I would think. I'll pick one up before this weekend though since battery life seems to be decent.