PDA

View Full Version : How abouts i fire up the sled and taker for a rip buy!

Joe Black
01-18-2019, 12:04 PM
https://www.theweathernetwork.com/news/articles/bruce-porter-porterville-newfoundland-skidoo-runaway-snowmobile-crashes-through-home-/122702/

dodger
01-18-2019, 12:10 PM
No mention if he was wearing his helmet ? People 😟

Dodger

Fish along
01-18-2019, 12:20 PM

Dodger

Lol maybe next time he goes for a rip his wife will have a helmet on .:sHa_shakeshout:

Joe Black
01-18-2019, 12:36 PM
i like how he says hes not worried about the sled because he can get lots of spare parts, before he mentions anything about his wife.

Trochu
01-18-2019, 12:44 PM

Dodger

I get the impression he wan't on the machine, hence he couldn't do anything about it.

Greatwest
01-18-2019, 02:52 PM
This brings back memories of when I was a kid. Was over at a buddies farm and they had an old John Deere snowmobile. His dad had just replaced the throttle cable. Then he fired it up for us kids to ride around the farm. The 2 of us hoped on it and took off. While still in sight of his dad we were going along their barb wire fence and buddy turned a little and the throttle stuck and the machine ran right into the fence. His dad come running over cursing and swearing at buddy for running into the fence. My buddy tried telling his dad that the throttle stuck when he turned. His dad was not buying into the excuse and called BS with the machine still running he grabbed hold of the ski to drag it out of the fence give it a pull sideways. Well guess what happened when he pulled sideways on the ski. The machine took off and run right over buddies dad. His dad collects himself after being run over and buddy looks at him and says see I told you the throttle stuck and you wouldn’t believe me. Turns out when he put the new throttle cable on he somehow ran it through the steering linkage and if you turn one way it would pull the cable wide open. Lol

rjlester
01-18-2019, 06:13 PM
This brings back memories of when I was a kid. Was over at a buddies farm and they had an old John Deere snowmobile. His dad had just replaced the throttle cable. Then he fired it up for us kids to ride around the farm. The 2 of us hoped on it and took off. While still in sight of his dad we were going along their barb wire fence and buddy turned a little and the throttle stuck and the machine ran right into the fence. His dad come running over cursing and swearing at buddy for running into the fence. My buddy tried telling his dad that the throttle stuck when he turned. His dad was not buying into the excuse and called BS with the machine still running he grabbed hold of the ski to drag it out of the fence give it a pull sideways. Well guess what happened when he pulled sideways on the ski. The machine took off and run right over buddies dad. His dad collects himself after being run over and buddy looks at him and says see I told you the throttle stuck and you wouldn’t believe me. Turns out when he put the new throttle cable on he somehow ran it through the steering linkage and if you turn one way it would pull the cable wide open. Lol

Lol! That's hilarious! Good thing those old sleds didn't have the power of todays machines.

spoiledsaskhunter
01-18-2019, 08:12 PM
when we lived in the arctic, one of the eskimos was out on the land and the throttle on his old elan started sticking, so he got off and was squeezing it to free it up. it stuck open and he couldn't hold it up any more......it got away from him and was going just fast enough he couldn't run fast enough to catch it. it disappeared out on to the ocean ice and he had to walk home.

when the ice breaker came through about a month later, they found it about 80 miles out on the ice, out of gas!

they slung it under their helicopter and flew it back to town.

Joe Black
01-18-2019, 08:22 PM
I heard Elans were good on gas, but holy chit.