PDA

View Full Version : Whatever Happened to Chip Lake

sns2
01-21-2019, 07:18 AM
Hit up Chip Lake with a forum member and a group of friends yesterday. Two years ago there were approx 15 shacks and a slug of vehicles in a tight congregation. Small jacks bit steadily throughout the day. Yesterday we counted 17 trucks. In chatting with people only two stunted jacks were caught, with me getting one of them. Some guys this was their third trip and not a bite.

WTH happened to this lake that was infested with tiny pike??????

Penner
01-21-2019, 07:49 AM
I betcha the Walleye are doing it... :scared:

hippietrekker
01-21-2019, 09:38 AM
In my experience, Chip is often slow this time of the winter, it'll pick up in a few weeks. Last year was slower for fishing overall, the year before I found an amazing spot that was non stop biting but I never could relocate it.
Last year, too, there was dozen or so shacks, definitely down from the year before - surprising to hear the smaller number of people on the ice.
Planning on heading out there in the next couple weeks - hopefully it's picked up by then.

-JR-
01-21-2019, 06:31 PM
Full Moon !

timsesink
01-22-2019, 08:56 AM
Went out yesterday and nobody, and I mean nobody had caught anything in days. I fished the islands and also the usual parking lot.

It can be slow but this is beyond that. I'm wondering if there was a summer kill.