PDA

View Full Version : Slave lake narrows

Sure Shot
01-21-2019, 05:08 PM
I have never been here before, how is the access? Can you drive right to the lake, or do you need a quad or sled to get there?

Any info is appreciated, thank you for your time.

GMX
01-21-2019, 08:29 PM
Head up to Kinuso drive north through town cross the tracks stay on that road 4/5 miles it will turn 90 degrees east. keep going to range road 100 turn left keep on it you’ll hit the lake. I’d take a quad or sled buddies of mine we’re doing ok there but didn’t recommend driving out on the ice.

riderprider
01-21-2019, 10:21 PM
Once you make it onto the lake stay left. There is a pressure ridge and if you get on the right side of it the ice is jagged and almost impassable.

Sure Shot
01-22-2019, 08:11 AM
Thanks for the reply’s. was more curious if you could drive to the lake and then walk on. But if we need a sled we will bring one.

Thanks.

SamSteele
01-22-2019, 08:50 AM
I'm sure you could walk if you wanted to, but it would be close to a km from shore to where the shacks are. As mentioned, the ice is pretty jagged. It seems like it froze, shattered, and refroze with chunks sticking up all over.

RockyMountainMusic
01-22-2019, 12:00 PM
Thanks for the reply’s. was more curious if you could drive to the lake and then walk on. But if we need a sled we will bring one.

Thanks.

When I left sunday the wind had drifted the road really bad and I would say there is no way your getting a vehicle to the lake without chains winches and shovels and lots of daylight to burn. Even on the lake its drifted bad i'd recommend skidoo or something with tracks. we did get off with the quad but my sxs had some fun even with chains on. It's 2.83 km from shore to the shacks, and the ice is jagged like was said. Good luck

sns2
01-22-2019, 12:25 PM
When the access is bad, it is not worth it.

Some years the access is good, but this year it sure ain't. Buddy got his truck stuck, and then thought his sled was gonna fall apart in that ice field last week.

Cutbank, Joussard, Driftpile, Hilliards... lots of better options where your arse won't be stuck all day, turning what should be a good trip into a nightmare.

Seriously.

7magtime
01-22-2019, 10:28 PM
Any info on the areas Sns2 mentioned above and Canyon Creek for vehicle access, thanks.

Sure Shot
01-27-2019, 12:40 AM
Went to the narrows on Saturday. Fishing was excellent, couldn’t keep the walleye off the line. Access was no problem with a sled and a quad.
Will definitely be heading back in the future.