PDA

View Full Version : Calling Lake

fallen1817
01-24-2019, 10:58 AM
Hey gang,

I'm taking my 4 year old out for the first time and will be heading to Calling Lake. I've fished the lake a few times by boat, but never through the ice. I drive a Front wheel drive car, so I'll be using a calf sled and snow shoes to haul everything onto the lake (Hut, Auger, cooler, etc).

I'm planning on parking at the Provincial Park boat launch, and heading out a ways, and fishing with jigs and minnows for Walleye/Pike, Catch and release.

Any tips for the lake this time of year, or word on how the bite is? I remember fishing with my dad at a young age, and I'm really looking forward to taking my boy out, fish or not. I've got plenty of snacks and games planned, and will have the heater and hut ready should the weather take a turn... It's supposed to +6 on Saturday, so I think it will be a good day to take him out!

Cheers!

DisplacedCaper
01-24-2019, 11:15 AM
No help on the lake, but I took my 4 year old out for his first time last year. It was awesome. Only last a couple hours but he had fun. He watched the fish cam for an hour and played with his trucks for an hour. Enjoy!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk