PDA

View Full Version : Garner Lake

FuzzyGrub
01-24-2019, 05:27 PM
Hey does anyone have a ice report for Garner? Wondering how lake access is and if you’re able to drive a truck on...I imagine there’s quite a bit on snow.
Thanks!

FuzzyGrub
02-10-2019, 07:58 PM
Well after not being able to get a report on Garner I ventured out today. I expected a fair amount of snow so I brought my tire chains and I’m glad I did! LOTS of deep snow and flood water made it VERY difficult to get around. And I now can see why no one was able to give me a ice update....I looked like no one has been on the lake this year! Lol
I managed to fill two Class B tags and caught a few more over 50cm. Super cold day but glad I got out :)

RandyBoBandy
02-10-2019, 08:24 PM
:happy0034:

Cageyc
02-10-2019, 09:19 PM
Nice eyes, good eaters

pikeman06
02-11-2019, 10:29 PM
Good to hear that it's being left alone. That's what that lake needs. Way too much pressure with the nice provincial park. When they closed the wallies the perch and pike got hammered for a few years. Just curious if you had a camera did you see any whitefish? Used to be one of the few lakes up that way that had whites that weren't skin and bone from the worms. That was many years ago so maybe they gone too. Nice catch, way to work for them on your own instead of relying on someone else. Bahaha I guess that's what I'm kinda doing by asking about whitefish now that I think about it.

FuzzyGrub
02-12-2019, 04:23 PM
Good to hear that it's being left alone. That's what that lake needs. Way too much pressure with the nice provincial park. When they closed the wallies the perch and pike got hammered for a few years. Just curious if you had a camera did you see any whitefish? Used to be one of the few lakes up that way that had whites that weren't skin and bone from the worms. That was many years ago so maybe they gone too. Nice catch, way to work for them on your own instead of relying on someone else. Bahaha I guess that's what I'm kinda doing by asking about whitefish now that I think about it.

Lol No camera on this trip...I went old school :)
I didn’t see anything except for walleye. I did encounter some flood water which was a bit surprising with all the cold temps we’ve had.

Talking moose
02-12-2019, 06:09 PM
Lol No camera on this trip...I went old school :)
I didn’t see anything except for walleye. I did encounter some flood water which was a bit surprising with all the cold temps we’ve had.

Snow is heavy.