PDA

View Full Version : Pigeon lake access

RACKER
01-26-2019, 01:40 PM
Just a note that there is a big ice heave just as you drive onto the lake at Mulhurst. One guy went over it and hammered his truck hard. I drove on at the PP and drove out to the middle.ice is only 13 out here. I’m out here with a diesel if you are wondering

StringTheory
01-26-2019, 01:45 PM
Thanks for the info. I will be out there tomorrow. Driving on at pp now lol.

Red Bullets
01-27-2019, 01:55 AM
A very gentle access point that is usually pretty good is Johnsonia beach. 5 miles by road from Mulhurst. Where 778 and 616 highways meet is a 4 way stop and the Sandholm store & gas pumps. 1 mile west to RR 13 and then straight south about a mile. Follow along the shoreline road and the boat launch will be obvious. If you get to the payphone & community board you have gone too far. I usually go to deep water SSW 1/2 mile or more from this launch.

RACKER
01-27-2019, 07:01 AM
A very gentle access point that is usually pretty good is Johnsonia beach. 5 miles by road from Mulhurst. Where 778 and 616 highways meet is a 4 way stop and the Sandholm store & gas pumps. 1 mile west to RR 13 and then straight south about a mile. Follow along the shoreline road and the boat launch will be obvious. If you get to the payphone & community board you have gone too far. I usually go to deep water SSW 1/2 mile or more from this launch.

Thanks for the tip.Ive never fished the NW corner at all.Might have to give that area a try sometime-just nervous of fishing near the closed area.

Skoaltender
01-27-2019, 07:58 AM
Havent fished pigeon in years but there used to be a steep access at mameo right by the old cemetery, not sure if it’s still there or vehicle worthy.

Red Bullets
01-27-2019, 12:44 PM
Thanks for the tip.Ive never fished the NW corner at all.Might have to give that area a try sometime-just nervous of fishing near the closed area.

This access point is at least 2 miles from the closed part of the lake.