PDA

View Full Version : Jigging JawJacker Got a Tough bite Perch

Brandonkop
01-28-2019, 07:08 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LRNsQikejX4

This was my first time every using the Jigging Jaw Jacker for Jumbo Perch and it was a tough day fishing for all of us except my uncle. He seemed to have two hot holes and just destroyed them. I had only caught a couple myself all day until I jumped into one of his holes right at the end of the day and popped a few out. So needless to say I was super surprised that the Jigging Jaw Jacker actually hooked a couple perch on such a tough light biting day. Really impressive. I will definitely be looking forward to putting this Jigging Jaw Jacker to the test when we head down to Cascade Lake in March. I hope the ice hangs around till when we want to go. The Atomic Waxworm Tungsten Jig by Backcountry Tackle has also been working very well for us this season and once again catches this nice perch.

jaywroe
01-28-2019, 08:04 PM
Love your channel! Your enthusiasm towards fishing and teaching it are the reasons I subscribe.
Love the vids from the coast just as much.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

CNP
01-28-2019, 08:16 PM
You're too much :) Checked Cabelas, they're in stock and on sale. JawJacker Jigging Base on the way...

old dog
01-28-2019, 09:06 PM
Saw one at work this past weekend, sure works slick. And just had to go get one to try out however my son says his wind tip up will do better. Game on. Lol.

HuyFishin
01-28-2019, 09:11 PM
Saw one at work this past weekend, sure works slick. And just had to go get one to try out however my son says his wind tip up will do better. Game on. Lol.

Choose a day with no wind haha

old dog
01-28-2019, 09:37 PM
Choose a day with no wind haha

I know but somehow he still manages to do well with no wind even. Lol

singleshotom
01-28-2019, 09:42 PM
Brandon, I have a suggestion for you, probably better called a request.
I love your videos and I know you are busy making them and during your videos you touch on hooks and methods, but would like a video dedicated to tongsten jigs, and all the differences in them.
Some are discribed by weight, some are by hook size, and many by mm!
What would be nice is if you would show which are which, comparing them and showing advantages and disadvantages of each. Then colours, you prefer and the glow effect etc..... also how you tie your double jig system etc ....

Sort of a Perch, T-jig method and madness!! The price of these hooks are nuts so give us an idea which way to go....
Thnx once again
Tom

Brandonkop
01-28-2019, 11:16 PM
Brandon, I have a suggestion for you, probably better called a request.
I love your videos and I know you are busy making them and during your videos you touch on hooks and methods, but would like a video dedicated to tongsten jigs, and all the differences in them.
Some are discribed by weight, some are by hook size, and many by mm!
What would be nice is if you would show which are which, comparing them and showing advantages and disadvantages of each. Then colours, you prefer and the glow effect etc..... also how you tie your double jig system etc ....

Sort of a Perch, T-jig method and madness!! The price of these hooks are nuts so give us an idea which way to go....
Thnx once again
Tom

Singleshotom excellent suggestion, I love feedback and suggestions for videos and that is a great one. I will have to figure it all out and how to do it. I finally ordered some Mics to help improve my sound so maybe I'll wait till I get them with me. I will post it to this board when ever I get the chance to make it.

Thanks for all the comments guys and hope you aren't disappointed with your jigging bases. I'm off this week so will do a few days of fishing here in BC maybe more trout, maybe kokanee maybe perch. We shall see.

HuyFishin
01-29-2019, 08:37 AM
Singleshotom excellent suggestion, I love feedback and suggestions for videos and that is a great one. I will have to figure it all out and how to do it. I finally ordered some Mics to help improve my sound so maybe I'll wait till I get them with me. I will post it to this board when ever I get the chance to make it.

Thanks for all the comments guys and hope you aren't disappointed with your jigging bases. I'm off this week so will do a few days of fishing here in BC maybe more trout, maybe kokanee maybe perch. We shall see.

BC? I don't wanna see no trout. Show me some Bass!

Brandonkop
01-29-2019, 10:11 AM
BC? I don't wanna see no trout. Show me some Bass!

There are not really any bass lakes where I am going. They kill all the lakes that have bass in them to keep them pure trout lakes and stop the spread.

FishHunterPro
01-30-2019, 06:40 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LRNsQikejX4

This was my first time every using the Jigging Jaw Jacker for Jumbo Perch and it was a tough day fishing for all of us except my uncle. He seemed to have two hot holes and just destroyed them. I had only caught a couple myself all day until I jumped into one of his holes right at the end of the day and popped a few out. So needless to say I was super surprised that the Jigging Jaw Jacker actually hooked a couple perch on such a tough light biting day. Really impressive. I will definitely be looking forward to putting this Jigging Jaw Jacker to the test when we head down to Cascade Lake in March. I hope the ice hangs around till when we want to go. The Atomic Waxworm Tungsten Jig by Backcountry Tackle has also been working very well for us this season and once again catches this nice perch.

What wheel were you using for perch? Keep an eye on your spring on the jigger, I needed to secure mine because it popped out and was really hard to find after.
I never used anything permenant just a little tape for security.

https://i.postimg.cc/yN06jjVw/DC0-E4-CE0-DD29-45-E0-ACD3-C5-EEC7-D8-B6-A6.jpg (https://postimg.cc/yJYzYF3P)

Brandonkop
01-30-2019, 11:58 AM
What wheel were you using for perch? Keep an eye on your spring on the jigger, I needed to secure mine because it popped out and was really hard to find after.

https://i.postimg.cc/yN06jjVw/DC0-E4-CE0-DD29-45-E0-ACD3-C5-EEC7-D8-B6-A6.jpg (https://postimg.cc/yJYzYF3P)I dont use the spring I find it unnecessary. Also I used the wiggle wheel for perch.

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk

FishHunterPro
01-31-2019, 03:43 PM
I dont use the spring I find it unnecessary. Also I used the wiggle wheel for perch.

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk

I’m going to have to try it out again , we noticed it wasn’t working for us and had a look and noticed the spring was gone and figured that was the problem. Haven’t used it since so maybe I’m going to have a look at it. Thanks for the wheel tip.

Habfan
01-31-2019, 07:49 PM
I’m going to have to try it out again , we noticed it wasn’t working for us and had a look and noticed the spring was gone and figured that was the problem. Haven’t used it since so maybe I’m going to have a look at it. Thanks for the wheel tip.

Same thing happened to me ! Found out the rod I was using was a little long and made it tilt forward. Used a shorter rod and had no problems.

C_beeks
01-03-2023, 07:26 PM
Sorry to revive an old thread but does anyone know the size of the spring for the jaw jacker? I lost mine right down a fishing hole and to get a new one shipped from jaw jacker it would cost $24 which is ridiculous.

CNP
01-03-2023, 08:17 PM
I epoxied mine on so that wouldn't happen to me :)

Some guys use it without the spring

Measured 2 3/8 long and 3/4 diameter. It's a light spring

https://i.imgur.com/S24ODdd.jpg

C_beeks
01-03-2023, 08:28 PM
I epoxied mine on so that wouldn't happen to me :)

Some guys use it without the spring

Measured 2 3/8 long and 3/4 diameter. It's a light spring

https://i.imgur.com/S24ODdd.jpg

Thanks for replying, I really appreciate it! When I replace that spring I'll be sure to do the same so I don't make the same mistake again

Frank_NK28
01-04-2023, 06:16 AM

If you watch the videos put out by Jawjacker themselves you'll see Matt(owner/inventor of JJ) says you only need to use the spring when you are running longer rods. What I've found is the spring is needed when running 36" rods. When running shorter rods it's not needed.

When you use the spring if you thread it into place on the little tab it fits onto by spinning it and compressing the spring slightly it never pops out of place. No need to tape it. I just slide it into place by giving it a half turn or so and it stays there all day. Make sure it's centred too between the two metal rivets in the rod base too. Being off centre and rubbing on one of those rivets tends to make it pop off too.

I have 5 JJ's and 4 of the jigging bases. I find the jigging bases work really well on brookies, walleye and pike but rainbows not as much. But that being said one of the most violent strikes I ever witnessed on the aquaview was a rainbow that came full throttle out of nowhere from above the camera and made a slashing run at a small jig and minnow combo jigged with the tooth wheel. He raced in, inhaled that jig and minnow without slowing and never stopped. The rod sprung when released but never made it to even halfway to full rise before the running fish had it bent over fully pulling drag. It was a really cool hit to watch and a real beauty of a bow. I sat back and watched my wife battle it and I landed it for her once she got it in the hole.

Ok back to the jigging bases. I run lithium batteries in mine too. No problem getting a full season out of a set of batteries instead of 2 or 3 days from a set of alkaline. Last year I pulled the batteries from my trailcams that had two seasons on them and threw them in the JJ's and still managed two full months on them and I fished 3-6 days a week all last winter.

So far this winter they aren't getting much of a workout as I am currently laid up from a surgery but I am chomping at the bit to get out there. :sign0176:

Great job as usual Brandon!

Frank_NK28
01-04-2023, 06:43 AM
Sorry to revive an old thread but does anyone know the size of the spring for the jaw jacker? I lost mine right down a fishing hole and to get a new one shipped from jaw jacker it would cost $24 which is ridiculous.

I saw some in Cabela's North Store just before Christmas. They had them, the tension kit for the trigger mechanism and rod loops in stock.