PDA

View Full Version : Prince Rupert fishing Charters

whitetailnut
01-28-2019, 08:43 PM
Hi folks, i’m Thinking of taking my wife out to Prince Rupert fishing this summer. There are tons of charters, but would like to know if anyone on here has recommendations. I’ve fished there before with good success, but it was with my cousin on his private boat.

Jamie
01-28-2019, 10:26 PM
Ever thought of driving to Bella Coola and then taking the ferry to Bella Bella?
Some neat sea side cabins for rent and a well stocked town with all you will need.
Lots of Charters there and I don't think they are going to be under a reduced limit system this year.

warriorboy10
01-28-2019, 11:10 PM
If you plan on fishing July or later you should consider Bella Bella area and weather isn’t going to dictate whether you can get out, several protected areas, Prince Rupert not so much!

Jamie
01-29-2019, 12:02 AM
If you plan on fishing July or later you should consider Bella Bella area and weather isn’t going to dictate whether you can get out, several protected areas, Prince Rupert not so much!

Some really good points Warrior.

If you know what your doing, you can even go self guided there. I wouldn't recommend it but it is possible.
Its a really neat place to fish. I was glad I did it last summer. I enjoyed there much more than Rivers Inlett. It's not the west side of the Charlottes or Langara but it has it charms and attractions. I would go again in heart beat.

It's the same distance to PR as it is to Bella Coola as well. You can add in a extra 6 hour ferry ride but even that would be spectacular. I would leave my vehicle in Coola and just walk on the ferry.

whitetailnut
01-29-2019, 10:40 PM
Thanks, i’m Thinking July to be able to hit the coho run. I have never heard much about Bella Bella, it seems like it could be a fun trip. I’ll definately have more looking to do!

DOGFISH
01-29-2019, 10:54 PM
Prince Rupert Charters
We use Fish On Charters and Frolich's Fish Guiding. Both excellent guides. Limited out every time 9 years in a row. 7 of us with 2 boats had a blast. My 4 brothers, dad and my son endorse them 100%. Dogfish

warriorboy10
01-29-2019, 11:36 PM
Thanks, i’m Thinking July to be able to hit the coho run. I have never heard much about Bella Bella, it seems like it could be a fun trip. I’ll definately have more looking to do!

Your wife would thank you if you took her to fish the protected waters of Bella Bella. Trust me! If you want to discuss further pm me.

GMX
01-30-2019, 08:03 AM
MCA fishing charters is the one Maynard Carlos is the man to be on the water with you can pm me I’ll give you his number if you want. Another guy is Mel Kuemper of PR fishing charters both guys fish hard and give you an honest days fishing without worry.

I’ve been going there over 20 years and are the two I’d recommend stay away from predator fishing charters imo.

GMX
01-30-2019, 08:07 AM
I forgot to say avoid great white and Terry’s fishing charters as well. Lots of good ones in Rupert though and when you have a date set call a hotel asap and book a room.

kingrat
01-30-2019, 08:40 AM
deep spring charters, steve hardie. by far one of the best, he may have a few days open still for this year but i doubt it. give him a call.

mapleleafman3
01-30-2019, 09:58 AM
I went for the first time last June (end of the month) and used Sea West. Great time but the fishing was slow. It was the same for everyone out there. June was a bit early according to the guide. Salmon was closed when I went. First time to Rupert fishing so I can't comment too much. I would go with them again.

http://www.seawestfishing.ca/

Jamie
01-30-2019, 10:17 AM
I went for the first time last June (end of the month) and used Sea West. Great time but the fishing was slow. It was the same for everyone out there. June was a bit early according to the guide. Salmon was closed when I went. First time to Rupert fishing so I can't comment too much. I would go with them again.

http://www.seawestfishing.ca/

End of June, beginning of July is prime time for Chinook in Rupert.
It's been very very tough for a few years there now. (In regards to Chinook)
I won't spend any more time there until things pick back up. Other choices work better. Especially after discovering Bella Bella. Some friends and myself are in discussions to buy a Campion Explorer. Bella Bella is where it will be based with it spending the winters in Bella Coola.

Jamie
01-30-2019, 09:02 PM
Whitetailnut.. Congrats.. You got me fired up about going fishing. Working with a guy right now out of Shearwater to rent his boat and stay in one of his cabins on a island outside of town.

whitetailnut
01-30-2019, 09:18 PM
That’s awesome. I remember seeing your boats at squateray in August 2013, when we were there. Fishing was great. I didn’t realize the fishing has died down since. I got some serious cabin fever happening right now.

madman
02-09-2019, 12:55 PM
We went with David Eng and Sunset charters last year. I’ve been on a dozen different charters on the coast and David was by far the hardest working fisherman I’ve went with by a country mile. Very knowledgeable and respects the fishery. Great instruction with the first timers on the boat. Very impressed with his service. Stayed out later with no extra cost. We fished with one of his other guides and he was a gem. They love fishing.

Prince Rupert is great, you can fly straight there and no need to rent a vehicle. Easy to get around by walking or taxi.

My to cents,

Craig

Ken07AOVette
02-09-2019, 05:31 PM
Get ahold of Surhuntsalot from here. He runs the Samantha Breanne for Northern Bounty Sportfishing.
I would say hands down the best you will find.

And then buy a boat. I enjoyed going twice to the Lodge but there is nothing at all compared to spending a couple weeks a couple times per year on your own boat.

Lodge- fish hits the reel, Robb, then Kevin, then Bob, then Ken, then Robb.....

Your boat- 2 downriggers, pick one and your yours yours yours yours yours yours.....

Lodge- day ends at 4.

Your boat- day ends when you decide you have had enough.

and so on. Going twice hooked me, I will forever drive my own boat. :)