PDA

View Full Version : Humane Dispatching

coyoteman
01-29-2019, 12:42 PM
Usual far from the road pulling a sled.Space limited.Not interested with the hassel of carrying a pistol.I find the henry survival 22lr rifle works just find.The stock quite bulky, can be taken off now you have a 16in barrel and action, easily wrapped in the carry bag,with a couple of mags. Ideal for point blank dispatching.

Big Grey Wolf
01-29-2019, 02:01 PM
We will not have to worry, the feds want to take our handguns away now anyway. They do not believe we also may need them to deal with a bear or cougar on our lines.

Red Bullets
01-29-2019, 02:37 PM
At point blank a 22 short should work too.

bushbug
01-29-2019, 04:22 PM
check out Chiappa's Little Badger fold up 22 or 22mag

treeroot
01-29-2019, 05:30 PM
If your going to dispatch them use a gun. A snare pole with locking snare is ok too.

I don't like seeing any other method to put a coyote down.

And for God sakes, no matter how you put them down, don't film it and put it on the internet.

vcmm
01-29-2019, 07:35 PM
check out Chiappa's Little Badger fold up 22 or 22mag

This ^^^ 22 mag will drop a steer if placed correctly..

Big Grey Wolf
01-30-2019, 10:52 AM
What ever you do do not drive over it 3-4 times with your truck for dispatch, use your friggin gun!

coyoteman
01-30-2019, 11:23 AM
If your going to dispatch them use a gun. A snare pole with locking snare is ok too.

I don't like seeing any other method to put a coyote down.

And for God sakes, no matter how you put them down, don't film it and put it on the internet.

Mums the word for sure in Alberta--If they knew I was an ex sealer,there probably would be a public lynching in the town sq. From time to time my friend trapper, will release a yote with rubs,fur not good,especially female with the idea for a good brude of pups next season.Never seen it done, the trapped yote vicious not giveing up wihout a fight.How he gets the wire off is beyond me.

coyoteman
01-30-2019, 11:36 AM
We will not have to worry, the feds want to take our handguns away now anyway. They do not believe we also may need them to deal with a bear or cougar on our lines.

The trapper not considered, in there "shotgun" aproach to firearm "management" They the deciders should spend a few nights alone camping in bear country, a few woffs and teeth clicking might change there minds.The black bear will kill you just because you are there----The grizzley is more sensible he will kill you for food.

whiskeywillow
01-30-2019, 01:43 PM

Feds also have the tendency for Grandfathering though Big Grey, especially around firearms and their classes/class-licensing etc.

In my own opinion, even if some degree of a ban does get tabled and then pass, (at-least regarding any existing ATC's by Trappers) there's probably a very-good chance an already Authorized reason for carry will be up-held and permitted for that person to renew on afterward. That's what I think. Mine was recently approved & I'm grateful for it, but it surely wasn't a simple easy process to see through ... now that I was finally approved for it however, I really do believe having one in good standing will help in-regards to keeping it and to seeing one remain active going forward.

Likely, the guys that opt away from applying or ever seeing their application through because of paperwork & hoops involved could (later) come to regret not doing so. I know for myself anyway, the sidearm tucked against my hip and outta the way saves alot of hassle in heavy bush and thick snow-hung brush vs lugging a clumsy heavy rifle along. The hoops & hassle is worth it for those that really stand to benefit from an ATC.. no doubt about it

TrapperMike
01-30-2019, 11:12 PM
My thoughts to grey wolf. Only problem I have is if I come around a corner on my quad, and come face to face with either a griz or cougar I don’t think I’d have enough time to get my pistol out of the locked box attached to my quad and then remove the trigger lock if I was really in trouble.

Red Bullets
01-31-2019, 12:09 AM
My thoughts to grey wolf. Only problem I have is if I come around a corner on my quad, and come face to face with either a griz or cougar I don’t think I’d have enough time to get my pistol out of the locked box attached to my quad and then remove the trigger lock if I was really in trouble.

said in fun...
You need a safety cage on your quad loaded with spikes sticking out all over. Then you just gear down and let 'em wrestle with the quad. :sHa_sarcasticlol:
If ya can't hunt them you should be able to run them off at least. :sHa_sarcasticlol:

A person/trapper should try mounting a really ear piercing screaming directional horn on the quad. The right sound waves will cause pain or distress.

H380
01-31-2019, 07:14 AM
said in fun...
You need a safety cage on your quad loaded with spikes sticking out all over. Then you just gear down and let 'em wrestle with the quad. :sHa_sarcasticlol:
If ya can't hunt them you should be able to run them off at least. :sHa_sarcasticlol:

A person/trapper should try mounting a really ear piercing screaming directional horn on the quad. The right sound waves will cause pain or distress. Ive done just that sort of thing with my foxpro , I still prefer to use my hand calls for preds but I use the foxpro in the mountains so if a big nasty comes in then at least it comes to the call instead of me .. and as a further detterant I down loaded 2 different police sirens on it that I can turn on and hopefully make him leave .. Havent needed it yet but you never know .

Big Grey Wolf
01-31-2019, 09:53 AM
Thought I saw something about no bullets in ATC approved handgun for trapline protection, however it must have been a typo, no one could be that stupid.

coyoteman
01-31-2019, 11:28 AM
The whole purpose of the compact and easy to carry hand gun, is as it always was self defence.The idea of carrying a handgun with a trigger lock, and empty is absolutely ludicrous.I guided a lady in Northern Ont,bear camp who carried a 44mag rifle,Most who did I talked out of, but not her.A large black bear came in she dropped him in his tracks. My job to skin and quarter,I was amazed at the bullet damage---Not to worry the 44mag with the right hunting bullet,at close range, most likely only new one shot.

coyoteman
01-31-2019, 11:30 AM
wops NEED one shot

calgarychef
01-31-2019, 09:01 PM
wops NEED one shot

No need to get racist :scared0018: