PDA

View Full Version : Legalities on acquiring a lynx for taxidermy

wildalberta
02-04-2019, 02:49 PM
What are the legalities on acquiring a complete lynx with the intent of getting a full mount done?

209x50
02-04-2019, 03:15 PM
What are the legalities on acquiring a complete lynx with the intent of getting a full mount done?

The Alberta gov't makes this a risky business for the trapper. He can only legally sell the lynx after it is tanned. So he takes all the risk in getting it tanned and having the buyer back out. I've had that happen twice and they hang on my wall. After tanning it is no big deal.

Marty S
02-04-2019, 07:11 PM
It looks pretty cut and dry here, but only have 2... currently!
https://canadiancoyotecompany.com/products/lynx-xl-high-grade-complete-with-claws

Flight01
02-04-2019, 07:19 PM
The Alberta gov't makes this a risky business for the trapper. He can only legally sell the lynx after it is tanned. So he takes all the risk in getting it tanned and having the buyer back out. I've had that happen twice and they hang on my wall. After tanning it is no big deal.

Correct. I will be tanning this one myself for a wall hanger . But if someone were interested would it be legal to take a downpayment and not release the final preserved product until fully paid?

PCP_ECOM
02-04-2019, 09:20 PM

Can the trapper not sell to a licensed Taxidermist that has a fur buyer's license and if this happens to be Taxidermist that is doing the mount then would be all legal to sell to individual once completed,correct?

PCP_ECOM
02-04-2019, 09:21 PM

Get your Taxidermist to purchase the lynx from trapper,if he has a fur buyer's license

209x50
02-05-2019, 01:51 PM
Can the trapper not sell to a licensed Taxidermist that has a fur buyer's license and if this happens to be Taxidermist that is doing the mount then would be all legal to sell to individual once completed,correct?

That is my understanding yes. None of the taxidermists I've worked with had the fur buyers license.

moose maniac
02-05-2019, 08:26 PM
I have dozens skinned out for taxidermy

sage 13
02-05-2019, 09:13 PM

You could check with guys in B.C. sounds like its easier for them to sell there hides.

wildalberta
02-05-2019, 10:06 PM
I have dozens skinned out for taxidermy

Attempted Pm sent. Your inbox is too full.

moose maniac
02-06-2019, 10:54 AM
Attempted Pm sent. Your inbox is too full.

I cleared out my messages