PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone else shoot a compound bow with fingers and barebow

Kylejm
02-04-2019, 04:21 PM
I’ve been doing it for quite a while since I got a longbow I really enjoy that style of shooting. It’s made me take the sights off my quite short ata bow. I don’t seem to notice finger pinch that other people say make shorter bows unshootable in this way.

muzzy
02-05-2019, 03:11 PM
Yup Ive been shooting fingers on my compound since 1979, 40th anniversery this year. Tried release just couldnt shoot with one
Gord

58thecat
02-05-2019, 07:23 PM
I do both....release is nice but if something goes wonky the old fingers are there.

338Bluff
02-05-2019, 10:33 PM
I’ve been doing it for quite a while since I got a longbow I really enjoy that style of shooting. It’s made me take the sights off my quite short ata bow. I don’t seem to notice finger pinch that other people say make shorter bows unshootable in this way.

Depends on your draw length. Mine is 32 inches and I would have trouble with most bows under 4
38" to 40" ATA.

I shot with a tab long after it was fashionable to do so. Finally switched to a release with a newer bow.

Never liked bare bow with a compound though I do shoot some traditional equipment once and awhile, but I have a pretty sharp cant.

Kylejm
02-07-2019, 04:53 PM
that's true, my draw length is only 27 inches, but my bow is a 30" apa sidewinder so its very short. it works for me, I like the flat shooting that comes with the speed of a compound, im more comfortable with it than my longbow right now but im still not confident enough to hunt

6.5 shooter
02-12-2019, 11:16 AM
I shot with fingers for years I like the simplicity of it. Even though I shoot with a release now I still practice with fingers just in case.