PDA

View Full Version : Bow Setup After Shoulder Surgery

mtnhunter
02-08-2019, 10:43 AM
Hey everyone,

I’m rehabbing my shoulder after a surgery and am looking to get a bow setup that is super smooth drawing and will allow me to shoot for many years to come with a below average shoulder. I’m open to any suggestions you have.

I’ve thought about a Mathews NoCam HTR since they advertise a smooth draw cycle without the hump of a cam to pull over. Does anyone have experience with this they can share?

Thanks!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

brendan's dad
02-08-2019, 01:56 PM
If I had shoulder problems I would be looking for a Hoyt Carbon Spyder with Z5 cams in a 40-50 lb draw weight

mtnhunter
02-08-2019, 02:11 PM
If I had shoulder problems I would be looking for a Hoyt Carbon Spyder with Z5 cams in a 40-50 lb draw weight

Thanks for the suggestion. What’s the benefit of the Z5 cams?

brendan's dad
02-08-2019, 02:16 PM
Thanks for the suggestion. What’s the benefit of the Z5 cams?

Very smooth with almost no hump into the back wall. Plus the Carbon Spyder was the last hoyt carbon which was actually carbon weight (sub 4 lbs)

You could also look at the PSE carbon with the Evolve cams in 40-50. As smooth or smoother than the Z5 cams.

mtnhunter
02-08-2019, 09:13 PM
Very smooth with almost no hump into the back wall. Plus the Carbon Spyder was the last hoyt carbon which was actually carbon weight (sub 4 lbs)

You could also look at the PSE carbon with the Evolve cams in 40-50. As smooth or smoother than the Z5 cams.

Thanks for this info. I’ll check into it!

MooseRiverTrapper
02-09-2019, 05:18 AM
A horizontally drawing bow.

Prdtrgttr
02-09-2019, 08:22 AM
The Defiant series of bows with the DFX cam has one of the smoothest draw cycles.
Another very smooth drawing bow is the Reign 7 in comfort mode.
Obviously, with your shoulder condition you will want low poundage.
Good luck to you.

Unregistered user
02-09-2019, 04:03 PM
Excaliber.

mtnhunter
02-11-2019, 04:49 PM
The Defiant series of bows with the DFX cam has one of the smoothest draw cycles.
Another very smooth drawing bow is the Reign 7 in comfort mode.
Obviously, with your shoulder condition you will want low poundage.
Good luck to you.

Thanks for the suggestion! I'll check it out!