PDA

View Full Version : A Short Hard Water Fishing Video

ttankster
02-10-2019, 11:45 AM
My son and I were out trying out our new underwater camera. The quality isn't as good as I'd hoped for, but this is the price of buying offshore! Lots of "bumps", but not much of a bite that day.

https://youtu.be/jQRe_OzrnTE

PlayDoh
02-10-2019, 03:53 PM
Looks pretty good quality to me. Helps when the water is that clear.
I’m wondering if you could have enticed him more. I find letting the jig hit bottom and bringing up a bit of silt helps at times. Give a injured fish / frenzy appeal.
Pike like to stare at lures fairly often. I find if I try to give the impression it’s now or never, it can get them biting. Raising the lure higher and higher, or swimming the lure horizontally can work.
I use crankbaits fairly often and I can make them look pretty realistic. I’ll rip them up to make noise (rippin raps my fav), then I’ll drop it down to a few inches off bottom. When you rip the lure up it will swim in the direction it’s facing, like a foot or so. Then when you let it freefall to near bottom, and hold it at that level, the lure will swim back to center. I’ll even exaggerate or extend the swim by moving my line from one side of the hole to the other.
Seeing a lure swim gets their attention peeked, then I’ll give the Poor injured fish dance so they think it’s an easy meal.
Of course it’s all up to the fish, and I’ve had my best show just watched with no interest.

To me this is the value of a camera, teaching you what your action looks like, and what can interest the fish. I’m sure I’ve spooked or pulled lures away from fish in the past, with no idea.

ttankster
02-10-2019, 04:28 PM
Thanks.... we had tried just about everything with no or little luck, but you are right, it does give you an idea of what you could do better/different next time! Cheers.

Zip-in-Z
02-10-2019, 10:15 PM
Tks for sharing, depending on the lake water clarity I would say that's real good. On Sylvan, I've witnessed similar activity many times, your camera will help improve what works to get them to commit. Next time your in Cdn Tire look for one of these Vibro's ... Mr. Pike hates them, don't be afraid to pound the bottom & stir up some sand/silt, this has worked for me .... as the trigger.

Wish you all the best.

D.

https://i.imgur.com/OEvxkhq.jpg

ttankster
02-11-2019, 07:43 AM
Thanks Zip! I'll head into town and see if my CT has one of those! Can never have enough tackle and I will see if we can entice em in!