PDA

View Full Version : Depth Chart Apps

clueless was taken
02-16-2019, 03:04 PM
Any advice for depth chart apps? I had the free trial for Navionics but $33/year is pretty steep. Thanks

35 whelen
02-16-2019, 05:30 PM
Try Anglers Atlas

Walleyedude
02-16-2019, 07:48 PM
What sonar units are you using?

With most of the Lowrance units, you can download the C-MAPS Genesis Social Maps for free. Many of the lakes in AB and SK have been mapped in detail. You can also make your own maps for free using Genesis Live. All you need for both apps is a blank micro SD card.

The Navionics maps are generally decent quality, the best of the mapping chips you can buy in my experience, but the depth contours will NOT be very accurate, they are just a guideline.

SNAPFisher
02-17-2019, 05:08 AM
The Navionics maps are generally decent quality, the best of the mapping chips you can buy in my experience, but the depth contours will NOT be very accurate, they are just a guideline.

I found this as well which was disappointing to try to get "on the spot". I gotta get me some 3D mapping technology.

clueless was taken
02-17-2019, 08:08 AM
I’ll give the anglers atlas a try, thanks.

Not using any sonar, new to sport and bare bones at the moment but if I do go that way I’ll have to keep the Lowrance app in mind, thanks.

fsa313
02-17-2019, 10:16 AM
I’ll give the anglers atlas a try, thanks.

Not using any sonar, new to sport and bare bones at the moment but if I do go that way I’ll have to keep the Lowrance app in mind, thanks.
To check if a depth map from any source exists on the Internet, search name of lake, bathymetry.