PDA

View Full Version : Replacing Old Fishing Net

-NDN-
05-26-2007, 06:51 AM
Heading out this weekend to replace my old net used for walleyes and pike, in a boat or used on shore while river fishing. It has that blue Nylon mesh and I am looking for a replacement.

Wondering if anyone has one of those Lucky Strike Black handled telescopic nets, that have that Stretchy Rubber Mesh. Curious to know how durable they are, and how they handle the fish over the other nets. Also notice Rapala has some sort of pop out/fold out net

-NDN-

graylake
05-26-2007, 08:38 AM
I have used one of those rubber nets for years. They are the best net out there IMO.

The hooks don't get tangled and caught and it is easier to release the fish.

If a person has to net then that is the net to use. I usually just try and release beside the boat, but when that is not possible then those rubber nets at the way to go.

One Canadian
05-26-2007, 08:46 AM
I have used a rubber net for a long time also. I have found them very user friendly and fish friendly compared to the old nylon or whaterver style. I have a lucky strike, not the one you mentioned but mine has held up for 3 years now, better than any net previously.
good luck

Kanonfodder
05-26-2007, 02:11 PM
Gotta agree rubber is the more freindly use type to go with..

-NDN-
05-26-2007, 02:38 PM
I didnt know how the rubber mesh would be on the fishes slime. Thought it was about time to replace my old one, ive always gotten the feet wet on the river banks no matter anyways, i hate to let mud get on those walleyes for the pics:ashamed:

Cam-hunter
05-26-2007, 10:56 PM
rubber is the only way to go:wave:

-NDN-
05-28-2007, 02:49 AM
ended up with this one, (pics), and dont know what i ever did without it after i used it on the NSR today.

http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa111/Z-Axis-2007/Fishing%20Alberta/IMG_1599.jpg

http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa111/Z-Axis-2007/Fishing%20Alberta/IMG_1601.jpg

~Octane~
05-28-2007, 02:54 AM
Ya that net is great...keeps the fish from getting all muddy at the shore line. You should see the net I have from salmon fishing on the great lakes, its 3 times that size:lol: