PDA

View Full Version : Sportcheck selling fur again?

Camdec
03-03-2019, 06:08 PM
A couple years ago PETA had a big announcement that the Sportcheck/Canadian Tire/Marks Work Warehouse we’re eliminating real fur from their product lines. At the time I didn’t even know they had any fur products. Saw this coat today in Sportcheck. Perhaps the fashion trend has helped them come around. https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190304/4cc29fed21da2c3d86ed9ba7671a77d8.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jamie
03-03-2019, 06:46 PM
Yes they are. Some Antis have been trying to cause a stir over the past year or so. They haven't been getting any traction

HunterDave
03-03-2019, 08:38 PM
This surprises me as well. I remember the no-fur announcement last year.

These parkas look like a sweet deal. Online they have them listed for only $330. Unfortunately, I think that they only have size Small left. I’m seriously thinking about buying one but I’d rather shop in person to check fit and, of course, the ruff.

Puma
03-03-2019, 09:04 PM
Canadian Tire had Rabbit hats for sale over Christmas, Chinese Rabbit, but real fur.

bushnell
03-03-2019, 09:22 PM
Have seen the same jackets at the Cdn Tire on 23 ave

owlhoot
03-04-2019, 08:15 AM
FEATURES
Perfect for cold-weather wear, the Woods Kang Men's Insulated Parka provides exceptional comfort and warmth
Adjustable hood with removable faux fur for a personalized fit

SuperCub
03-04-2019, 08:18 AM
A couple years ago PETA had a big announcement that the Sportcheck/Canadian Tire/Marks Work Warehouse we’re eliminating real fur from their product lines. At the time I didn’t even know they had any fur products. Saw this coat today in Sportcheck.
I wonder why PETA doesn't say anything about all leather products in general, not just fur. I'm thinking there's more money in it for them to ignore leather. Two faced hypocrites.

I need another fur hat. Keep the mink for special occasions.

HunterDave
03-04-2019, 12:15 PM
FEATURES
Perfect for cold-weather wear, the Woods Kang Men's Insulated Parka provides exceptional comfort and warmth
Adjustable hood with removable faux fur for a personalized fit

You have the wrong parka. This one is a Woods Men's Alverstone Iconic Expedition Down Parka at sport chek.

https://www.sportchek.ca/categories/men/apparel/jackets-coats-vests/winter-jackets/down-insulated-jackets/product/woods-mens-alverstone-iconic-expedition-down-parka-332611723.html#332611723%5Bcolor%5D=42

Camdec
03-04-2019, 01:12 PM
Thanks for that Info Dave. I’m yet to ever be duped by fake fur but my wheels were turning when I read the previous post.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

owlhoot
03-04-2019, 01:57 PM
You have the wrong parka. This one is a Woods Men's Alverstone Iconic Expedition Down Parka at sport chek.

https://www.sportchek.ca/categories/men/apparel/jackets-coats-vests/winter-jackets/down-insulated-jackets/product/woods-mens-alverstone-iconic-expedition-down-parka-332611723.html#332611723%5Bcolor%5D=42

:sEm_oops2:, Thanks

HunterDave
03-04-2019, 02:07 PM
Thanks for that Info Dave. I’m yet to ever be duped by fake fur but my wheels were turning when I read the previous post.

Since your original post I've been looking at the various parkas out there. There's no way that I'd buy a CG one at that price.....It'd be a shame to wreck it from actual use (lol). There are a lot of more affordable ones and for a Trapper, even the faux fur ones wouldn't be an issue to put a coyote ruff on. Right now I have 3 blanks from coyotes that had rubbed bellies but beauty fur on the back. I'm looking at a faux fur LL Bean one right now. Gonna watch for end of season sales. :)