PDA

View Full Version : New Lyman Lures

fishnfoo
03-04-2019, 06:53 PM
I went to buy some lyman lures and they are now made of plastic (they used to be made of wood). Has anyone used the plastic ones? do they have the same magic?

The Fisherman Guy
03-07-2019, 07:57 AM
Lyman plugs used to be made of cedar, and as such with the irregularities of wood, no two ran exactly the same.

The new design is more durable, while producing the same erratic action - but require less tuning to adjust for the irregularity of the wood. When banging the plug off bottom, the plastic holds up better than the wood ever did.

But it is plastic, which isn't as cool. However, the plug lasts longer, for the same price.

BCROB
03-07-2019, 08:10 AM
I have so many old Lyman’s that I won’t ever need any new ones but I know a few guys that have bought the new , and they to catch fish

alpineguy
03-07-2019, 08:35 AM
2 questions
1. I thought Lyman closed their doors.......are they still/once again making lures?
2. If available, where can I purchase them?

Thanks

The Fisherman Guy
03-07-2019, 10:00 AM
Hi Alpineguy, hope all is right in your world.

Lyman nearly closed their doors, but the tenacious owner kept at it and found a way to continue production - and that was moving manufacturing overseas, and switching to plastic.

Your best bet to get the most selection is to order directly from the website.

alpineguy
03-07-2019, 08:31 PM
Hi Alpineguy, hope all is right in your world.

Lyman nearly closed their doors, but the tenacious owner kept at it and found a way to continue production - and that was moving manufacturing overseas, and switching to plastic.

Your best bet to get the most selection is to order directly from the website.

Hey thanks for the info......I lost my favorite plug a couple years ago and would like to get a duplicate.

fishnfoo
03-08-2019, 07:05 AM
Hey guys,

Thanks for the feedback. I was concerned about buying the plastic ones because I thought the change of base material might have affected the action. It is always good hear from some people who have used it before laying down the cash. We all have lures we never use.