PDA

View Full Version : South buck burbot

Fishfirlife
03-04-2019, 07:04 PM
Fished s buck last couple days mainly on SE and SW end with no luck for any burbot looking for any helpful information please. I have tried all depths and even late into the evening

oscar
03-04-2019, 08:25 PM
Burbot is 0 limit at South Buck Lake right now, just incase you didn't know.

pikeman06
03-04-2019, 08:51 PM
Thanks Oscar. ... to the o.p, dude, its been zero for years after feb 1st now. I don't know anyone that ever targeted burbot for catch and release. You almost need a shower after catching one. I sure hope guys don't head out to these central lakes without a clue of what they keep. Because it ain't much...

Fishfirlife
03-05-2019, 07:44 AM
Ya just C&R I work till late evening so there better target fish for me after work and generally bigger then most walleye so I like the fight

RACKER
03-05-2019, 09:16 AM
Ya just C&R I work till late evening so there better target fish for me after work and generally bigger then most walleye so I like the fight

How is it for driving out there? Is it ok to get on from the east side. Good luck in finding some burbot.

Fishfirlife
03-06-2019, 07:09 AM
About 20 inches of sugary snow with a crunchy layer if you stop and go again there is a chance of getting stuck

SNAPFisher
03-06-2019, 12:22 PM
About 20 inches of sugary snow with a crunchy layer if you stop and go again there is a chance of getting stuck

20 inches... you must be driving on the East side where the wind has blown it in. I've been on many a lake in the area and there is way less than 20 inches.

Fishfirlife
03-06-2019, 06:44 PM
Ya I’ve been on a couple other lakes in the area aswell and there was hardly any snow on them I was suprised

Habfan
03-06-2019, 07:41 PM
Ya I’ve been on a couple other lakes in the area aswell and there was hardly any snow on them I was suprised

I’m headed that way on the weekend and have crappy tires, what lakes have the least amount of snow and drifts. TIA :)