PDA

View Full Version : Chain Lakes or Pine Coulee Last weekend?

gumby567
03-11-2019, 10:34 AM
Anyone out to Chain Lakes or Pine Coulee this past weekend? I took the kids(4,2 &1) to Emerson Pond in High River to test their appetite, they hung in there for a few hours.

Might be worth the drive to Chain or Pine Coulee if there is a bit more action(We only had a 2 or 3 bites in the 2 hours and nothing landed). I'd like to get the 4 Year old hooked up to keep him interested.

chucklesthe3rd
03-11-2019, 03:23 PM
I'd take them to chain lakes. Lots of stocked trout in there. Use corn, power bait, salmon eggs or small spoons and you can usually catch your limit relatively easily. Try to keep the bait off the bottom though so that the suckers aren't as tempted to grab them. I would hook some suckers though if the trout aren't biting to keep them busy.
Cheers, Chuck

spin
03-11-2019, 04:21 PM
I agree with Chain Lakes. Usually lots of willing trout to keep the kids occupied. I would bring along some worms so you could target suckers as a back up plan if the trout aren't biting.

DisplacedCaper
03-11-2019, 05:17 PM
I was at chain 2 weeks ago. 1 bite, 1 trout through the hole. We fished 8am to noon. It used to be great but seems to be slow this year. There were lots of suckers on camera though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TROLLER
03-13-2019, 10:21 AM
I was at chain 2 weeks ago. 1 bite, 1 trout through the hole. We fished 8am to noon. It used to be great but seems to be slow this year. There were lots of suckers on camera though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6hrs.on Pine and not one bite. Drilled over 20 holes from 30FOW to 7. Lots of ice and the gate across the boat launch was open but beware lots of drifting. My advise would for sure be to fish Chain.