PDA

View Full Version : Modifying outboard to a jet

Double-Eh
03-16-2019, 08:46 PM
I know this is a stretch...
I have an excellent and I mean excellent 25hp Evinrude outboard on my naden 12. It's a 94 and has 30 hours on it and I got a smoking deal on it.

If I had my way I'd like to mod it into a jet. At 18hp I have no concerns.

Where can a guy go looking for the parts etc for such a project? I've googled and kijijied my heart out. Maybe someone here can direct me to the promise land.

Thanks

silver
03-16-2019, 08:55 PM
I googled " outboard jet parts " and I got some listings. One listing came up with 6 dealers in Alberta. Some thing else to consider is you may have to alter your transom height.

Edit; Correction, 8 dealers.

Double-Eh
03-16-2019, 09:02 PM
Yeah. The transom thing is on my radar. Currently just looking for parts and prices. Then I'll start doing a bit of research on the construction part and bring it all together to determine feasibility.

And the dealers in Alberta arent much help. Argyll motorsports won't carry a conversion for a 1994

catnthehat
03-16-2019, 09:29 PM
Explorer Industries can convert it I think and sell you the jackplate you will need
Cat

eagleflyfisher
03-16-2019, 09:30 PM
Outboard jet in California is where all the jet pumps are built.
Try that shop in sparwood, inter mountain I think it's called ??
Could try my nieghbor iron aero too.
If you go on outboard jet site you can look up your motor and the exact pump that fits , cost is listed too.

catnthehat
03-16-2019, 09:37 PM
Outboard jet in California is where all the jet pumps are built.
Try that shop in sparwood, inter mountain I think it's called ??
Could try my nieghbor iron aero too.
If you go on outboard jet site you can look up your motor and the exact pump that fits , cost is listed too.

Yup, one outfit , I bought one from them many years ago for an older 90 horse .
The change over itself not hard.......
Cat