PDA

View Full Version : Looking for trout pond FOR GRANDKIDS

35 whelen
04-01-2019, 07:01 PM
HI anyone have a trout pond east of Sherwood park ,I have 4 grandkids that I would like to catch some fish ,we would c &r them all ,have lots of elkmeat I could offer thanks ,

ghostguy6
04-01-2019, 10:28 PM
Probably not the best idea to offer elk meat in exchange for fishing unless you can prove its farm raised.

35 whelen
04-02-2019, 06:21 AM
ITS been processed at a butcher ,Would be giving it to new friend ,If this is illegal please Delete

tallieho
04-02-2019, 07:13 AM
Probably not the best time of year to try for trout.They become very lethargic,due to lack of oxygen.Even the lakes that are aerated will be suffering low o2 levels.

haggis57
04-02-2019, 07:55 AM
You could check out last year's fish stocking report.
https://mywildalberta.ca/fishing/fish-stocking/default.aspx

35 whelen
04-02-2019, 07:58 AM
Probably not the best time of year to try for trout.They become very lethargic,due to lack of oxygen.Even the lakes that are aerated will be suffering low o2 levels.

looking for open water

ghostguy6
04-02-2019, 08:50 AM
ITS been processed at a butcher ,Would be giving it to new friend ,If this is illegal please Delete

You can not sell, trade or barter any wild game meat. It does not matter if it was processed by a butcher or not, only if it is wild game or farm raised game. Of course you can gift it as long as it was not arranged in lieu of something else. Your first post kind of sounds like you were offering the meat in lieu of access. Just don't want to see anyone else from this forum getting in trouble with F&W.
I think your best bet would be to wait until the local ponds are stocked, this usually occurs around may long weekend. You wont likely catch any keepers but the little ones will be hungry and will hit on anything that moves in the water.

35 whelen
04-02-2019, 08:50 AM
Okay thanks probably worded it wrong

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

jungleboy
04-02-2019, 08:58 AM
A quick google search produced this list of stocked trout ponds/lakes in Alberta.

https://www.ab-conservation.com/programs/fish/aca-stocked-lakes/