PDA

View Full Version : 19/20 Fishing License

CNP
04-01-2019, 10:13 PM
Watching the boob tube with my wife and I have a realization that if I am going fishing tomorrow I need a new license. Done and spared a possible embarrassing encounter tomorrow.

This is the very last fishing license that I will purchase in AB. 64 in just a few days or so...……………. and embracing it :sHa_shakeshout:

huntsfurfish
04-01-2019, 11:12 PM
My last one this year also. 64:sHa_shakeshout:

Jigger
04-02-2019, 12:24 AM
I encounter several people every year that complain about the 30$ fee. Pretty cheap entertainment for a year id say. A round of golf will cost you more. Congrats on the upcoming milestone gents, here's to many more:happy0180::happy0180:

58thecat
04-02-2019, 05:46 AM
Watching the boob tube with my wife and I have a realization that if I am going fishing tomorrow I need a new license. Done and spared a possible embarrassing encounter tomorrow.

This is the very last fishing license that I will purchase in AB. 64 in just a few days or so...……………. and embracing it :sHa_shakeshout:

Mine too,,,going to pull my vet card and fish saskatchewan:sHa_shakeshout:

tallieho
04-02-2019, 07:19 AM
Last one for me also.I guess that's part of the decline in licence numbers.With fisheries suffering due to lack of funds.I sure wish they would come up with a way to,replace the lost revenue.I have always been a guy ,who beliefs .If you use the resource,you should pay it back...

SamSteele
04-02-2019, 07:44 AM
I just bought my AB and SK fishing licenses for the upcoming year. Both online systems look like identical interfaces, but SK gives you the option of making a donation to the Saskatchewan Fish and Wildlife Federation upon checkout in order to help support fishing in that province. Tax receipts provided for anything over $20. I thought that was a good way of giving users an option to help out a bit more if they wanted to.

SS

Freedom55
04-02-2019, 07:59 AM
...so I guess I buy my last licence today for four months, one of which is closed to angling. This will be the 49th time I have purchased an annual fishing licence, most years in multiple provinces. I believe the first one was $2.

I have a WIN card and have used my AB permit to fish two or three weeks per season for the past ten years since I relocated to SK. I haven't brought a single Alberta game fish home and retained no more than a half dozen walleye in that time. I will be required to purchase an Alberta permit every year that I choose to going forward.

I am wondering about 58 cats' assertion that his veterans card is valid in any other than his home province - in this regard.

Free

zabbo
04-02-2019, 08:11 AM
Been waiting 40+ years to fish with no license. Turn 65 in May. Well, wandering around Canadian Tire one day I'm thinking, I'm here, might as well get my new fishing license. Get home and mention to the wife that I got my new license. She's looking at me like I have two heads. Says, you know you don't need that anymore, right? The nice girl at Canadian Tire giggled and said you're not the only one that's done that. Gave me back my money because it hadn't been 24 hours, therefore not processed by government. Now I'm wondering if I can remember to bring my fly rod next time I go fishing??? Growing old is great!!!:sHa_shakeshout:

Freedom55
04-02-2019, 09:04 AM
Correction: all veterans are eligible and I've got to say, great idea!

CNP
04-02-2019, 02:43 PM
Mine too,,,going to pull my vet card and fish saskatchewan:sHa_shakeshout:

Double whammy...….nice lol.

Scratchewan is a far trip to the right but you never know...

CNP
04-02-2019, 02:49 PM

35 whelen
04-02-2019, 02:52 PM
With the way the fishing is in this province ,I'm going to be donating my money to Manitoba a 9 hour drive is not that far in my opinion for the kind of fishing you can get there and actually keep something if you were inclined to eat them.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

58thecat
04-02-2019, 03:00 PM

hmmm that's some fine table fare right there....

cube
04-05-2019, 09:32 AM
Last one for me also.I guess that's part of the decline in licence numbers.With fisheries suffering due to lack of funds.I sure wish they would come up with a way to,replace the lost revenue.I have always been a guy ,who beliefs .If you use the resource,you should pay it back...

You can donate it directly. This would even bypass the $8.00 fee the US company charges to process the licence.

thorne
04-05-2019, 09:46 AM
Correction: all veterans are eligible and I've got to say, great idea!

OK....what's this all about!?!? Need more information!!