PDA

View Full Version : Carp in Newell

madatter
04-10-2019, 10:43 PM
https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10157239654767372&id=515447371

Dont know how to post this besides a Facebook link.
Video showed up on mhfga page.
Looks to be at inlet at Newell.

Jigger
04-10-2019, 11:44 PM
Couldn't see the fb vids but they've been in the bow drainage for years, would be suprised if they haven't worked there in there already. I've thrown minnow traps in small creeks years back, that flow into the bow and caught nothing but dirty carp. Despicable species.

slough shark
04-11-2019, 09:54 AM
Yeah I saw that video, inlet is just swarming with carp, one could bow fish for days and fill the pickup a few times, hopefully someone does

raw outdoors
04-11-2019, 10:32 AM
Typical stupid Alberta. I seen the carp in there last year around this time so thick you could get two at a time with a stick. Called fish and wildlife asking if there was something that I could do (Bow,spear,Net, gaff ) anything to get them killed. They said no fishing season is closed and I would be ticketed. So season opens went back and they where all back in the lake. People are willing to help and all they FW care about is giving tickets.

Sooner
04-11-2019, 11:11 AM
Seen that video. What a perfect time to send some students/whoever out to net the buggers when they are all bunched up like that. If you don't want invasive species, do whats necessary and when it benefits the removal.

stob
04-11-2019, 11:44 AM
why don't the fish cops electro fish them and knock the population down at that time???... oh! Sorry! ... that would involve a policy from higher up with a masters designation and 10+ years as a bureaucrat just to start a working paper on it ... plus study and another study etc ... the guys on the ground just follow the rules