PDA

View Full Version : Diefenbaker Lake opening weekend

russ
04-14-2019, 10:32 AM
Trying to figure out where to stay. Looks like most of the campgrounds aren’t open yet? Also finding a nearby hotel/motel seems next to impossible. Travel apps keep recommending places in Swift Current. Would prefer to stay near Saskatchewan Landing.

lakerman
04-14-2019, 02:51 PM
White Bear Hotel
1 Main St, White Bear, SK S0L 3L0•(306) 375-2632
used to stay here when we hunted the area in the fall, was like 30$ a night a roof over your head after a long day. Just check out the reviews still going strong and yes the food!!

Habfan
04-14-2019, 07:05 PM
You could get a room in Outlook, the walleye spawn in Coteau Bay on the north end of the lake. 2 launches by Gardiner Dam. Big Rainbows above and below the dam.

tool
04-14-2019, 10:57 PM
I's stay at the Mainstay Inn which is right on the lake in Palliser park at Riverhurst. You can either take #1 east to Morse and then go straight north or you can take the ferry across from Lucky Lake.

Windsweptcoast
04-15-2019, 06:15 AM
Douglas and Danielson Provincial Parks have sections open for year round camping. I have camped at both as early as the Easter long weekend. Limited services but there was power and firewood.

https://www.tourismsaskatchewan.com/places-to-go/provincial-parks/camping/fall-camping

lone wolf
04-15-2019, 06:52 AM
Trying to figure out where to stay. Looks like most of the campgrounds aren’t open yet? Also finding a nearby hotel/motel seems next to impossible. Travel apps keep recommending places in Swift Current. Would prefer to stay near Saskatchewan Landing.

Believe there is a hotel in Stewart Valley. Cabri is an option but not much closer than Swift Current.

Habfan
04-15-2019, 09:11 AM
I was trying to sway him away from Sask Landing, never had much success there on opening weekend.

roosterman
04-16-2019, 01:48 PM
Best wings on the planet! (White Bear)