PDA

View Full Version : Fraser River Domestic Fishery Abuse

338Bluff
04-18-2019, 04:23 PM
https://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/british-columbia/no-one-followed-the-bc-black-market-salmon/article625576/

Hardly news. The numbers of fish are measured in tonnes. Amounts are staggering and no one was ever arrested. Closer to home we just added several thousand more domestic use harvesters. I hope they have a plan to deal with the abusers.

SNAPFisher
04-18-2019, 04:31 PM
It should go to international courts since these fish stocks really belong to no one. Then they should also face Canadian justice. Just in my humble opinion.

Hopefully this doesn't turn into a racist thread...

Ken07AOVette
04-18-2019, 04:44 PM
https://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/british-columbia/no-one-followed-the-bc-black-market-salmon/article625576/

Hardly news. The numbers of fish are measured in tonnes. Amounts are staggering and no one was ever arrested. Closer to home we just added several thousand more domestic use harvesters. I hope they have a plan to deal with the abusers.

They turn them into Liberal voters

fish99
04-18-2019, 05:24 PM
if you give people rights some will abuse that right

Who Da Fisherman
04-18-2019, 07:45 PM

This is from 1989.......

Tigrr
04-18-2019, 11:22 PM
It is still going on in the lower main land of BC. Sockeye were selling from $15 and up a piece. Fresh from the river that day.
They even had adds on Kijiji. Moose $5 a pound, cut and wrapped.

They don't have to follow regulations about hunting or fishing and there will be nothing left to hunt or fish if it isn't stopped.

dfrobert
04-18-2019, 11:26 PM
It is still going on in the lower main land of BC. Sockeye were selling from $15 and up a piece. Fresh from the river that day.
They even had adds on Kijiji. Moose $5 a pound, cut and wrapped.

They don't have to follow regulations about hunting or fishing and there will be nothing left to hunt or fish if it isn't stopped.

Stewart’s of the land.

pikeman06
04-19-2019, 12:37 AM
It should go to international courts since these fish stocks really belong to no one. Then they should also face Canadian justice. Just in my humble opinion.

Hopefully this doesn't turn into a racist thread...

Come on man, really? Is it any different than a net in pigeon snap? No it isn't. It's not racist it's common sense. The b.c guides lookin for a shoulder to cry on with a "no dirty alberta oil" sign in the other hand can join the club. It's gone, times have changed, it'll never come back guys. Hope you got a decent dollar for your boat is all I can say. Catch and release salmon fishing? Not a chance, they gonna shut the headwaters down from Rupert south to the u.s border within a couple years and it's done. You guys in b.c talk to your premier. It's only 4 years. Hang in there. Work a couple jobs. Diversify.

338Bluff
04-19-2019, 12:45 AM
This is from 1989.......

Written and published in 2011. Updated in 2017. Part of the authors research for the article went back to 1989. It is by no means the main reason the Fraser stocks are where they are today, but illustrates the magnitude the domestic fisheries have, can and will continue to be abused.

Closer to home we have the same potential for abuse in freshwater. There was an illegal fish operation going on in Battle and Pigeon Lake about 10 years ago. It was supplied by a domestic fish net . Several businesses and a couple of hutterite colonies were pinched for buying the fish and the guy doing the netting was fined as well.

There needs a will to investigate and prosecute.

Kurt505
04-22-2019, 06:20 PM
Then they should also face Canadian justice

Ha

Hahaha

Hahahahahahahahahaha!

Canadian Justice..... Good one.

SNAPFisher
04-22-2019, 09:05 PM
Ha

Hahaha

Hahahahahahahahahaha!

Canadian Justice..... Good one.

Yeah, I must have been out of my mind. :)

Serengeti Charters
04-22-2019, 11:21 PM
Come on man, really? Is it any different than a net in pigeon snap? No it isn't. It's not racist it's common sense. The b.c guides lookin for a shoulder to cry on with a "no dirty alberta oil" sign in the other hand can join the club. It's gone, times have changed, it'll never come back guys. Hope you got a decent dollar for your boat is all I can say. Catch and release salmon fishing? Not a chance, they gonna shut the headwaters down from Rupert south to the u.s border within a couple years and it's done. You guys in b.c talk to your premier. It's only 4 years. Hang in there. Work a couple jobs. Diversify.

Not all in BC are against Transmountain, it’s actually about 60-40 in favour just as usual the left is most vocal and has a HUGE influence on Liberal government as well as NDP. This closure for example that occurred was not based on science but what the ENGO’s and First Nations asked DFo for. Literally. Not science backed one bit, that’s the reason for all the anger. Plus for you to say that about families who invested a lot into a small business and I know a few that are now shutdown, who have kids in sports etc, is ignorant. Couple that with how you justify your comments due to a few in BC against Alberta Oil makes your post dumb and uneducated.

walking buffalo
04-23-2019, 12:29 AM
Another Win for the Trudeau Liberals!