PDA

View Full Version : Pierre grey lakes

BEL
04-20-2019, 10:30 AM
Our family will be camping at this lake/campground this July for the first time. Can I rent a boat or canoe somewhere in the area. I know gas motors are not allowed. BEL

Stryker2
04-20-2019, 02:49 PM
No boat/canoe/kayak rentals anywhere at the PP.

BEL
04-21-2019, 01:11 AM
Thought as much. How bout Hinton? BEL

Stryker2
04-21-2019, 06:37 AM
Thought as much. How bout Hinton? BEL

Switzer Watersport Rentals maybe others. look online and give them a call to make sure they're still in business

BEL
04-21-2019, 08:27 AM
Will give it a try. BEL

Red Bullets
04-21-2019, 01:55 PM
If you are driving you might have to rent a boat/canoe in Edmonton and strap it to the roof. And for the price of a rental you could probably buy a used canoe on kijiji.

There also is some great stream and river fishing in the area. I've caught nice brookies and rainbows in the Muskeg river right by the Pierre Grey lakes.

Be bear smart.

Dark Wing
04-21-2019, 07:43 PM
If you are driving you might have to rent a boat/canoe in Edmonton and strap it to the roof. And for the price of a rental you could probably buy a used canoe on kijiji.

There also is some great stream and river fishing in the area. I've caught nice brookies and rainbows in the Muskeg river right by the Pierre Grey lakes.

Be bear smart.

No brookies in the Muskeg . Lots of little rainbows and bull trout .

Bel you'll love this campsite and the lake produces some tastey trout , the brookies in the middle lake are my favorite .

blgoodbrand1
04-21-2019, 10:18 PM
No brookies in the Muskeg . Lots of little rainbows and bull trout .

Bel you'll love this campsite and the lake produces some tastey trout , the brookies in the middle lake are my favorite .

Actually there are.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dark Wing
04-22-2019, 11:43 AM
Actually there are.

Do you guys have any pictures ? I guess it's possible there's a small outlet that's blocked by a weir from one of the lakes.

RockyMountainMusic
04-23-2019, 12:51 PM
Do you guys have any pictures ? I guess it's possible there's a small outlet that's blocked by a weir from one of the lakes.

They believe the brookies were getting in there through the lakes (VL,GC,PV) which is why they stopped stocking them in Victor as they are direct competitors to the bulls... Having said that there should be very minimal of them left in there one would think

McLeod
04-23-2019, 02:30 PM
What does it matter now as all brookies are 3n so no chance of hybrid

nast70
04-23-2019, 02:48 PM
Totem rents kayaks and canoes:

https://www.totemoutfitters.ca/summer-rentals

We've rented from them in the past and hauled the kayaks into Lakeland PP.
I don't think the rates are all that high. The equipment we used was in tip top shape too.

CNP
04-23-2019, 03:09 PM

No pics forthcoming...

Pictures of bulls mistaken for speckles...………………….dohhhhhhh!

blgoodbrand1
04-23-2019, 03:43 PM
No pics forthcoming...

Pictures of bulls mistaken for speckles...………………….dohhhhhhh!

And all the electro surveys were incorrect as well? ......hope you get a hole in your waders.

CNP
04-23-2019, 05:22 PM
And all the electro surveys were incorrect as well? ......hope you get a hole in your waders.

Be nice...…….I never said there positively wasn't any brookies in there. Just sayin'......