PDA

View Full Version : Easy fishing

fishgod
04-27-2019, 09:18 PM
Hey all,
I'm looking for an easy place to fish from shore. I have plenty of experience but I'm taking my cousin and it's his first time. I'd like it to be within about 2 hours of Calgary. Places like the bow are fine for me but he'd never catch anything so I need something like a stocked pond. Or small Pike is fine. We don't have a boat so easy shore fishing is a must.
Thanks!

TROLLER
04-28-2019, 12:59 PM
Read the new regs they always list the stocked ponds and lakes Just check ES1 and PP1 you should find something close by.

Exskibum
04-28-2019, 01:19 PM
lots of shore fishing from any number of the reservoirs in and around Calgary. when glenmore opens its always easy to drop a line in it Pine coulee is about 1or so south of calgary if you want pike and walleye there are even several stocked ponds in and around the city and surrounding area as well. i have a canoe but i did only shore fishing for yrs and never had a terrible day.

weedhaul
04-28-2019, 07:51 PM
Chain is good, nice area to shore cast and views of the mountains. Just stocked with rainbows.

sdb8440
04-29-2019, 08:34 AM
You can always catch pike where the irrigation canal enter's Chestermere, Rapala's work well, just clip the barbs to make releasing them easier.