PDA

View Full Version : Andrew Lake or Leland lake.

Eagle Trapper
04-30-2019, 08:14 PM
Booking a trip up north. Looking too see anyone has info on either of these lakes and which would you choose. Search button hasn't turned up much. Thank you kindly!

FishHunterPro
04-30-2019, 08:56 PM
Only been to south Leland x2 and both trips were good. Nice setup and Dan the owner is top notch. There’s a few posts about south Leland .

Bear Ballz
04-30-2019, 09:29 PM
Only been to south Leland x2 and both trips were good. Nice setup and Dan the owner is top notch. There’s a few posts about south Leland .

A group of us went to Andrew last June it was a good time, fishing was great. Cabins all had wood stoves for warmth and propane stove for cooking etc. Main lodge had hot showers and washroom facilities. Any questions I’ll do my best to answer. 👍🏻

lund17
04-30-2019, 09:37 PM
I haven't been to Andrew lake but have been to both North & South Leland lake with Dan. He has sold North Leland to other couple that run it now and have heard they have done a great job improving the place.

North Leland is fixed up better with more amenities. Easier access with a great central location to access all the fishing spots. I felt that I caught a few less fish here but the fish are bigger, plus you will catch everything on this lake.

South Leland is more of a "roughing it" experience. It has your basic accommodations and amenities which gives you that bush camp feel. It is located right at the north end of the lake making it a long boat ride to the south end of lake for the bigger walleye's. You will catch a million pike in the 3-4 lbs range, anywhere on the lake.

Eagle Trapper
05-02-2019, 10:27 PM
Thanks for the info! Boy it's a tough choice, willing to stay in any accommodation. Just wanting the best possible fishing. Think we may be leaning Andrew in hopes of some big mommas. Any luck on the white or perch? Also what we're you fishing for average laker size?

Bear Ballz
05-03-2019, 12:55 PM
Thanks for the info! Boy it's a tough choice, willing to stay in any accommodation. Just wanting the best possible fishing. Think we may be leaning Andrew in hopes of some big mommas. Any luck on the white or perch? Also what we're you fishing for average laker size?

We caught one laker over 25 and a pile of 4-6 lbers then a few 8’s
Far as pike went we got a couple over 20 and then lots of every size in between. We never fished for any other species.