PDA

View Full Version : Crossbow Permit Changes

IronNoggin
05-06-2019, 04:40 PM
It was my SawBones that noticed the new checkbox on his end of the process.
"Is this condition permanent"?
Ummm... What's the likelihood of the applicant growing a new shoulder? :sHa_sarcasticlol:

Arrived today. PERMANENT Crossbow License for Alberta!! :sHa_shakeshout:

Let the games commence!! :love0025:

Cheers,
Nog

roy9525
05-06-2019, 10:03 PM
About time

58thecat
05-07-2019, 05:41 AM
About time eh.....it's not like your pregnant :)

Stinky Buffalo
05-07-2019, 07:07 AM
Woot! Great news, Nog!

Don_Parsons
06-24-2019, 09:02 AM
Awesomeness. 👍

Now my loooooong time partner needs to pick up the C Bow, he got his permit this spring to finally get at it...

Ye Ha to pounding critters to fill the freezers

muzzy
06-24-2019, 09:33 AM
where do you get the application form

IronNoggin
06-24-2019, 02:31 PM
where do you get the application form

https://mywildalberta.ca/buy-licences/hunting-licences-fees/licence-permits-hunters-with-disabilities.aspx

Cheers & Good Luck!
Nog

Positrac
06-24-2019, 06:08 PM
It was my SawBones that noticed the new checkbox on his end of the process.
"Is this condition permanent"?
Ummm... What's the likelihood of the applicant growing a new shoulder? :sHa_sarcasticlol:

Arrived today. PERMANENT Crossbow License for Alberta!! :sHa_shakeshout:

Let the games commence!! :love0025:

Cheers,
Nog

Congrats Nog. No more jumping through the yearly hoops.

The lifetime permits were mentioned last year on here. You’re the first I’ve seen that got one though.

http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/showthread.php?t=347497

I tried to get mine 2 years ago. I filled out all the paperwork and got a note from my GP and a Physiotherapist. I was denied. Apparently limited range of motion from breaking a collar bone 3 times and two busted up shoulders all from a couple motorcycle accidents wasn’t enough. What I find funny is F&W would rather I try to use a bow despite not being able to do so than just issue the permit in accordance with the rules they set out. The risk to wounding an animal is just too high for me to do so. So, unfortunately no bow season for me.

IronNoggin
06-25-2019, 11:41 AM
... Apparently limited range of motion from breaking a collar bone 3 times and two busted up shoulders all from a couple motorcycle accidents wasn’t enough... What I find funny is F&W would rather I try to use a bow despite not being able to do so than just issue the permit in accordance with the rules they set out.

While I am proud of your decision not to risk woundings, I really have to question WTH they are thinking denying a case as you've laid out. My situation is not a whole lot different - collar bone broken 3 times, two serious dislocations same side, shattered shoulder blade same side, and now both impingement and permanent tendon damage. Pretty much the same boat? If it were me I would reapply, and have you GP point out that you are simply incapable of using a regular bow. Worth a shot - you may end up with someone who understands your situation...

Nog

W00DY
07-01-2019, 03:44 PM
Congrats Nog. No more jumping through the yearly hoops.

The lifetime permits were mentioned last year on here. You’re the first I’ve seen that got one though.

http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/showthread.php?t=347497

I tried to get mine 2 years ago. I filled out all the paperwork and got a note from my GP and a Physiotherapist. I was denied. Apparently limited range of motion from breaking a collar bone 3 times and two busted up shoulders all from a couple motorcycle accidents wasn’t enough. What I find funny is F&W would rather I try to use a bow despite not being able to do so than just issue the permit in accordance with the rules they set out. The risk to wounding an animal is just too high for me to do so. So, unfortunately no bow season for me.

That's ridiculous. Wouldn't want to give you some kind of an "Unfair" Advantage or anything :thinking-006:.

elkslayer132
08-01-2019, 11:53 AM
How long does it usually take them to decide on the application?

elkslayer132
08-08-2019, 08:36 PM
Applied for my crossbow permit today and got a call 3 hours later to say it was approved. Mine is good til April 2024. Time to go buy a ravin R20 and start practicing.:sHa_shakeshout:

Thunder/FX
08-08-2019, 09:12 PM
The response to F&W for a denied application after your GP has stated it needed for you is:
"When did you start practicing medicine?"

Positrac
08-08-2019, 09:32 PM
Maybe I need to try a different F&W branch...lol.