PDA

View Full Version : Need Some Advice for Calgary/Red Deer/Rocky area

pavilion
05-07-2019, 08:09 PM
Hey gents not looking to steal anyones favorite spots, but I get the honor of being my brothers best man this year and it has been his request for a bachelor party where he can camp somewhere and just stroll down to the stream or lake and throw a line in, this will be a low key thing so campgrounds are fine...but not being much of an angler myself and living in the south I don't have a clue where to start and I need to get this figured out, any advice will be appreciated, thanks in advance

Mack

Dewey Cox
05-07-2019, 08:16 PM
Canoe trip.

Dewey Cox
05-07-2019, 09:11 PM
4 or 5 years ago I was in charge of a brother's stag party.
I'd never been on a canoe trip, so I posted on here asking for advice.
The main theme of the responses was "You bunch of drunken yahoo's are all going to drown and die."
Well, we didn't.
And we had such a great time me and my tolerable brothers have done it every year since.

mikeym
05-08-2019, 11:40 AM
in the nordegg area there are a few good lakes. Fish/Shunda Lake is a nice lake and decent campground. Goldeye Lake just down the road is also a nice lake and campground. Peppers lake further south on FTR is a nice lake and pretty decent campground also. lots of streams in the area also if people want to do that instead.

that is just a few spots that come to mind.

rgds
Mike

Okotok
05-08-2019, 05:36 PM
Drag them off to Lake Diefenbaker. Hitchcock's Hideaway rents basic cabins and a campground too. Sounds like it would suit this. Close to you, not as much for everyone else but it's an adventure! Just a suggestion. Swimming is good too.