PDA

View Full Version : Cabin insurance

dugh
05-13-2019, 06:42 AM
Who do you use for insurance? We have been with Co-Operators for house, cabin, boat etc. but the cost seems to be getting a little too high. Our cabin is not on crown land but is in private bush. I'll call the ATA this morning, if I recall there is coverage available for members.

pikeslayer22
05-13-2019, 07:59 AM
Go through wawaneesa for ours. It is on crown land.

35 whelen
05-13-2019, 09:02 AM
Did you have to have yours inspected ,im looking at getting some for my place on private land.

Big Grey Wolf
05-13-2019, 10:12 AM
Just a question, does your cabin insurance cover bear damage? Grizz knocked over our sh__ter last halloween.

dugh
05-14-2019, 08:09 AM
MD of Greenview made us get inspected and engineered drawings. We have coverage for everything I guess. We had muddy bear tracks on the deck once and snotty nose marks on a window so we put curtains on the outside also (patio door and kitchen windows). I was worried about a bear seeing a reflection and breaking a window. We built it rodent proof and secure- until a window breaks. We have 2 trucks and an suv insured with Wawaneesa it's been a gong show of bills and refunds all year :angry3:, not sure if it's the agent.