PDA

View Full Version : Cold Lake Lakers and Moose (Video)

Weavster
05-27-2019, 07:33 AM
Well the weather was awesome and the lake was like glass which is a rare occurrence for this lake. Disappointing I couldn't get on a good school to capitalize on a jigging bite with these conditions perfect for it. Managed one really nice laker that put up a heck of a fight. It was nice sitting there while a moose is walking the shoreline beside me too. All in all an awesome day on the water and here is the video of it all.

https://youtu.be/ArZCXecr2qM

https://weaversbentrods.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/05/Screen-Shot-2019-05-26-at-11.17.10-AM.png

Habfan
05-27-2019, 07:45 AM
Good job ! Looks fun, never been there but hoping some day.

35 whelen
05-27-2019, 08:22 AM
Nice job you got quite the rig there never fished Cold Lake in the summer someday, you're right about jigging them can't beat jigging them out of deep water.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

Fishwhere
05-27-2019, 09:40 AM
Nice pics. Thanks for sharing

DJS
05-27-2019, 01:51 PM
Very good video!

1bowhunter12
05-27-2019, 05:19 PM
Awesome video .. gets me pumped up for lakers in a couple weeks

Supergrit
05-27-2019, 07:40 PM
Nice fish looks like you hit the lake on the perfect day.

Mackinaw
05-27-2019, 10:19 PM
nice video Matt looks like a good start for the season

mack

Weavster
05-28-2019, 08:00 AM
Good job ! Looks fun, never been there but hoping some day.

I would recommend it if you get the opportunity it is a blast.

Nice job you got quite the rig there never fished Cold Lake in the summer someday, you're right about jigging them can't beat jigging them out of deep water.

Well if your up in the area let me know and ill try and make it out for the day

Awesome video .. gets me pumped up for lakers in a couple weeks

Good luck! Can't wait to see how you make out

Weavster
05-28-2019, 08:00 AM
Nice fish looks like you hit the lake on the perfect day.
nice video Matt looks like a good start for the season
Very good video!
Nice pics. Thanks for sharing
Very good video!

Thanks for the positive feedback everyone I really appreciate it!

Brock1
05-30-2019, 10:16 AM
awesome video man. love the view from the air, that was a nice touch

and nice boat bro!!

Weavster
06-01-2019, 01:27 AM
awesome video man. love the view from the air, that was a nice touch

and nice boat bro!!

Thanks! Slowly learning on the editing part but i was happy with how it turned out. I just picked up that boat last season finally getting it set up how I wanted to have it for the big water on cold lake.

58thecat
06-01-2019, 09:18 AM
Great vid Matt....nice set up too!

Adam told me you had a heck of a boat!

The lake sure starting to produce some nice lakers too!:sHa_shakeshout:

Weavster
06-03-2019, 12:41 AM
Great vid Matt....nice set up too!

Adam told me you had a heck of a boat!

The lake sure starting to produce some nice lakers too!:sHa_shakeshout:

Thanks. It's defiantly nice to see a few more bigger ones around with little scrappy ones. Hopefully this pattern continues into the future.

If your still kicking around cold lake we should hit the water one of these days!

dugh
06-03-2019, 07:26 AM
weavster, good vid and nice fish. We are heading to Cold Lake about 9am today (Monday) for a few days :sHa_shakeshout:. Had a hoot last year trolling, landed many but want to learn jigging :test:and walleye there. If you see a blue Crestliner with a Canadian flag stop by to say hello. We are usually in front or north of the cabins.
Good fishing.
Doug

Weavster
06-03-2019, 06:01 PM
weavster, good vid and nice fish. We are heading to Cold Lake about 9am today (Monday) for a few days :sHa_shakeshout:. Had a hoot last year trolling, landed many but want to learn jigging :test:and walleye there. If you see a blue Crestliner with a Canadian flag stop by to say hello. We are usually in front or north of the cabins.
Good fishing.
Doug

I'm hoping to get out on Wednesday if the weather is looking good. My sole purpose will be to film a jigging tutorial episode. Hopefully find some weather and fish to cooperate!

Good luck out there hope to see some pictures of some big ones!

topgear
06-04-2019, 09:26 PM
Thank you for taking the time to shoot your video! The missus and I were on the lake at the same time you were. The biggest we could muster up were a couple of 8 lb ers. Still great to be out. We saw a cow moose with two small calves on the beach while there which was a treat. Great time of year to be on the water. No horseflies!

Weavster
06-05-2019, 09:11 PM
Thank you for taking the time to shoot your video! The missus and I were on the lake at the same time you were. The biggest we could muster up were a couple of 8 lb ers. Still great to be out. We saw a cow moose with two small calves on the beach while there which was a treat. Great time of year to be on the water. No horseflies!

Thanks. Nothing wrong with 8lbers they put up one heck of a fight! Glad to hear you had a successful trip!

OuttKastt
06-05-2019, 11:41 PM
Great video!

I am wondering, what is a good trolling speed? Thanks in advance for your advice!

dugh
06-06-2019, 06:50 PM
Not sure how accurate the GPS or speedometer are but I think we troll about 1 1/2 mph. Slow seems to work for us but you need the right action, wabble, roll, wiggle, flutter, whatever you're using.

Weavster
06-06-2019, 11:10 PM
Great video!

I am wondering, what is a good trolling speed? Thanks in advance for your advice!

I like to stick around that 1.5mph most of the time. Occasionally I drop to 1mph or up to 2mph depending on the fish mood and action of my lure. Don't be afraid to change up your speed if your not getting bit let the fish dictate your speed. Sometimes that small change in speed changes your action of your lure and that small change can create more bites. I notice this a lot with the anchovy rigs as some days like like the ultra slow wide roll then the next they like the tighter quicker spin.